Two NHS contracts - questions on redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been reading this thread with interest as I am in pretty much the same position. I held 2 separate jobs for the NHS one part time (4 hours per week) admin and clerical post between 2001-2013 this post was made redundant as the service was disbanded. In addition I have a substantive clinical post at 30 hours per week and have held this from 1997-2015. This post has been made redundant. My union representative believed I was due redundancy for my substantive post from 1997-2015, however HR do not agree. My post has now finished and I was only offered 2 years redundancy payment due to the earlier redundancy for the admin job with the reduced hours and pay.

Both jobs ran in parallel had different line managers, pay slips, grading, annual leave entitlement. So I wondered how the case outlined in this thread panned out as essentially I am in a very similar situation

thread is three yrs old people!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

who needs to start a new thread

of their own

they wont get seen here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
Did you receive a redundancy payment in 2013? If so, was the payment based on 12ish years @ 4 hours per week?

Yes the payment was for the 12ish years and not back to 1997 which is when my clinical post began i.e 17 years ago.

exploring range of options Union who have been very supportive, ACAS, Lawyers letter, then if all else fails court. It's fairly clear they are two separate posts and I am now aware of other similar cases where two payments were made in respect of two separate jobs. Just a shame it's having to go this far.