Malicious disconnection of Phone line, Internt, TV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

A friend of mine has Virgin TV, Internet and Phone line, Big kahuna

On Saturday I rang him to see if he was OK, has serious heath issues.

Went to see him and nothing was working, phone line not working so on.

Anyway after a long phone call to Virgin this morning on friends behalf today

Found out that some one had Maliciously phoned Virgin saying my friend had Died sometime at the end of March this year.

Yes that's right told Virgin my friend was Deceased.

My friend is very much alive and kicking this morning.

I got Virgin to reconnect his telephone, Internet and TV within the next 48 hours or so and his virgin password had been changed.

Virgin media have my contact details as added back up.

I want to report this to the Police on my friend behalf, does anyone think a criminal offence may have been committed under one of the communication act, Just to add Virgin media where much help.

Any advice would be welcome .

Thank you in advance.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

I think the police wont like to get involved.

1. Alot of work to find out who made the call in the first place.

2. Call may have been genuine but for a different account and virgin cocked up.

3. Have Virgin confirmed any compo for shutting down his internet connection on the word of an unknown 3rd party?

I would have thought that some contact details of the person asking for the account to be closed, would have been required by Virgin in order to send any final bills.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Im beginning to see that this could be a genuine issue of mal administration on their part,

A SAR should provide details if push came to shove, but is it really worth it

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I think the police wont like to get involved.

1. Alot of work to find out who made the call in the first place.

2. Call may have been genuine but for a different account and virgin cocked up.

3. Have Virgin confirmed any compo for shutting down his internet connection on the word of an unknown 3rd party?

1: That's what I was thinking too

2: I spoke to 4 different department, 2 said someone had rang virgin media to say my friend had passed away, Notes had been made on the account virgin took it as a genuine call at the time...

3: The final person I spoke said they would ring me/my friend back at a later date to discuss what happened and any compo, my friend was too ill to speak to virgin this morning and priority was to get phone line working 1st then the rest of the services.

One problem this morning was the 2 of the people I spoke to where in a call center on the ofter side of the world and there English was bloody appalling .

I would have thought that some contact details of the person asking for the account to be closed, would have been required by Virgin in order to send any final bills.

You think they would have recorded the Malicious phone call maybe, I didn't think to ask at the time if any contact details where left by the malicious caller, my friend thinks he knows who it was that made the call to virgin...

Maybe a SAR at a later date may find out more.

Thanks again for All the replies.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

One odd point

My friends Virgin TV, Internet and Phone line, Big kahuna

Where All discounted sometime between 21:00hrs on Saturday 18th April and 09:00 hrs on Sunday 19th April ....

At the weekend !

One odd point

My friends Virgin TV, Internet and Phone line, Big kahuna

Where All discounted sometime between 21:00hrs on Saturday 18th April and 09:00 hrs on Sunday 19th April ....

At the weekend !

It is all done remotely these days. When I have had problems in the past with services, they have not had to come out. They run some diagnostic test remotely and then do what they need to do.

The weekend thing is probably just the date of the account (related to last payment) or after having had the instruction.

Surprised there was no letter asking for the Tivo box, internet router to be sent back. I think with Virgin they don't come to collect and you just box it up, putting a freepost address for the post office to get it back to them (that is what I heard, but may be wrong)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It is all done remotely these days. When I have had problems in the past with services, they have not had to come out. They run some diagnostic test remotely and then do what they need to do.

The weekend thing is probably just the date of the account (related to last payment) or after having had the instruction.

Surprised there was no letter asking for the Tivo box, internet router to be sent back. I think with Virgin they don't come to collect and you just box it up, putting a freepost address for the post office to get it back to them (that is what I heard, but may be wrong)

No letters have arrived to date and phone, Internet and TV are All still off as at 7pm today, despite their promises it will all be back on asap....

Another round of phones calls in the morning then or my friend and I will go to the local virgin media shop and see if they can sort it out ...

You think they would be able to remotely switch it All back on Faster....

Thanks again for taking time to reply, Cheers 45002