MKDP LLP, welcome loans - Taken £1.00 Postal Order as payment

Hadituptohere
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Received a statement from MKDP today for a statute Barred Debt.

In June last year before the statue I sent a S77/78 request along with the £1.00 Postal Order clearly stating it was for the Fee incurred and not to be used for anything else.

I didnt receive anything from my request.

On their statement its gone down as payment received!!!

The Debt was statute from Feb 2015

I thought this wasnt allowed???

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isnt

Ignore that payment. If they issue a claim and you reply with a SB defence. It is up to them to disprove SB status and as you are aware of that payment you can use it against them if they are silly enough to try

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

HIUTH, for their accounting purposes, some of the companies don't have a specific slot to put the SAR and CCA payments, so they do take it off the account. However, in a situation where they would attempt to claim that this was a payment made by you to the account, this can be challenged.

So they can pretty much do what they want with those legal fees, except claim that it was a payment made by you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974-**Updated-January-2015**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

If the request was made using our template letter, then this also includes the statement that the £1.00 is for a specific purpose and not to be used for any other.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou all,

Citizen B it was the template of the site that states that the payment wasn't to be used for anything else :)

What can I do if this company are still recording details with the CRC's, as it seems they have a different default date than the original Creditors Default Date and the is two entrys on my Credit File regarding the same Account????

Thanks for any advise

Hadituptohere

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

Thankyou all,

Citizen B it was the template of the site that states that the payment wasn't to be used for anything else :)

What can I do if this company are still recording details with the CRC's, as it seems they have a different default date than the original Creditors Default Date and the is two entrys on my Credit File regarding the same Account????

Thanks for any advise

Hadituptohere

The original default date CANNOT be altered. So if two default start dates that are different are being recorded you should make a complaint - first to their Head / registered office and if that doesn't resolve the situation, then you can escalate to the ICO, perhaps even to the FOS.

You might find that the two companies run their reports alongside each other.

Original creditor - with original default date and record up to assignment, at which point

the new owner - will start recording from the sale date up till the 6 years is complete.

If this isn't the case, then start the complaints.

BCOBS

Many Thanks Citizen :)

• 10 months later...

This debt has now been sold on to HPH2 LTD.. And passed to Robinson way,

they've written requesting contact and payment.

I've sent the SB template letter back to them,

they called my house phone the other day,

I was going to refuse to go through the security questions but though no I'd see what they have to say.

They mentioned the so called account and asked how I'd be making a payment ( I did giggle )

I asked when the last payment was made on this so called account

the poor bloke said he didn't have that information,

I told him where to get off chasing someone for money's they didn't have information on

and said to come back to me when he did and that there was a letter in the post responding to their written request.

He then quickly said that he did have the info regarding the last payment and that it was Nov 2009,

so I asked him todo his maths and asked again why he had rang..

I then told him again to get in touch once he's done his homework and that all future correspondence in writing please.

This debt is statute barred now

looking through the SAR from Welcome

I've had three accounts with PPI 2 that ran together 6 months apart and the 3rd settled the balance on 2,

I paid £1300.00 at 94.00 per month PPI on the 3rd

but then defaulted and this is the SB account.

. Time to reclaim I think

Hadituptohere

There have been quite a few of these recently - mostly from Lowells. I suspect they have been a bit slack in their administrative work.

Have you told them in the letter that the account is statute barred ?

BCOBS

I Have using the template SB letter ��, looking at reclaiming the PPI now, I have the CI sheet already.

I know I've to input the date of payment and there interest rate. Do I put the end date as today's date? I've just tried it with the first PPI claim from 1999 and their interest rate was 112% pa, the amount of PPI was £138.00 payable over 12months and it came out with a 5 figure sum.. Is that right??

Also what do you do when you have 2 PPI accounts that ran almost side by side but we're both payed off with another loan that contained the larger PPI...Any help appreciated please

Hadituptohere

Once a debt is statute barred it's still statute barred even if a payment is made after that date.

Be careful claiming back ppi on any debt that you are trying to get written off via statute barring or any other method, by claiming ppi you are acknowledging that debt and they could use the ppi refund to pay off part or all of the outstanding debt leaving you back to day 1 of the clock. Just be careful

no if its already statute barred.

you nor a judge can reset that date.

if the debt is still owned by the OC

then they can offset the PPI mind

if its sold on they cant

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I Have using the template SB letter ��, looking at reclaiming the PPI now, I have the CI sheet already.

I know I've to input the date of payment and their interest rate.

Do I put the end date as today's date?

I've just tried it with the first PPI claim from 1999 and their interest rate was 112% pa,

the amount of PPI was £138.00 payable over 12months

and it came out with a 5 figure sum.

. Is that right??

Also what do you do when you have 2 PPI accounts that ran almost side by side

but we're both payed off with another loan that contained the larger PPI.

..Any help appreciated please

Hadituptohere

as the debts were a chain

select the right part of this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?318646-PPI-Single-Premium-Your-questions-answered(1-Viewing)-nbsp

...as for the CISHEET...I take it this one is a credit card debt?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No there 3 personal loans, I've just read citizenB's thread and seen the statintsheet but I've seen that the CI sheet can be used for PPI redress that the fos don't award, struggling to get my head around it all, thankyou for your input

Hadituptohere

3 rolled loans section then

and the statint sheet

and they

Thankyou I'll take a break and try again later.

Hadituptohere

Might be a silly question but do I include the Acceptance fee??

Hadituptohere

sadly no.

and they

But when I look at the account payment history it states insurance premiums advanced £134.29 which happens to be the PPI + the acceptance fee. Ok ill just go minus the acceptance fee, thankyou

Hadituptohere

??really

PPI is usually a bulk sum in the first statement

can you scan it up in pdf

and they

And to make things worse welcome was taking direct debits weekly, the monthly payment was £71.56 but welcome took £18.00 per week ???

Hadituptohere

4*18=72 that's ok

you need to work out the PPI% of each payment

when it was made

enter each one on the spready

and work out the carryover if loan didn't get a rebate before refinancing into the next

and they

As requested:

I thought monthly= 18x4.4 sorry is that me being thick??

welcome 2.pdf

welcome ppi.pdf

When I worked as a Residential Lettings Manager the perk ok collecting weekly rents yielded 53 payments per year instead of 52.. just a thought

Hadituptohere