Advice about neighbour needed

spidey41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just need a bit of advice please , i have a neighbour that has a jeep which he covers in mud then leaves outside our house for weeks on end , when the mud starts to wear of he goes out in the middle of the night to cover it in mud again then puts it back outside my house , obviously i do not get on with this neighbour just wondered if there was anything i could do about this without getting myself in trouble as obviously i am quite wound up about it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this mud impact on you?

Why do you think he puts mud over his own car to wind you up?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

because he has 2 cars , one he uses daily and the jeep which he never uses except to cover in mud and leave outside my house , the bloke has done this to a neighbour before where he used to live as my wife knows them, its apparantly his way of showing dislike , its like harrasment of a sort

Well, theres certainly nothing illegal going on. If the mud was something else and smelt badly, or it was put on your property, then yes, there would be an issue. But right now, theres nothing. What you could do if you know he was going to move the jeep and get it covered in mud again, is to park your own car in its place, or get another neighbour to park there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

we have tried that but as soon as we move in the morning he puts the jeep back there , its worse after we have washed our car as that is when he gets it more muddy and as he parks so close the mud drips onto our car which again is his way of laughing at us

I personally think that the more you rise to it the more he will do it.

If he thought it was not winding you up, he would stop as he would be wasting his time

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Reverse psychology.

Tell him that you are a big fan of jeep and off road driving and you would love to have a jeep like his but can't afford it at the moment.

So you're glad that he parks it outside your house and people think it's yours.

The muddier the better!

He'll probably move it the very same day, then you can tell him how disappointed you are.

This needs good acting skills.

Make sure he sees you and your family taking pictures with the range rover of course with thumbs up.

That will wind him up and he will hide the Chelsea tractor away 😉

Also you can post selfies on facebook referring to the jeep as "your baby"...

• 2 months later...

new update on this , i have now recently had a driveway done with a dropped kerb so i thought hopefully now the twit would find somewhere else to park except outside my house , oh how wrong was i , he now gets the spot next to my dropped kerb and when he knows my wife is due home from work he sits in his bloody jeep reving it up with his reversing lights on so she thinks he is going to reverse into her , he now has 2 of these jeeps one of which he now keeps on the pavement opposite my house which i know is illegal , this morning he actually parked across my drive just staring in my living room window , ive now got to the stage were i am tempted to take a crowbar to these bloody vehicles in the middle of the night , any advice what i can actually do about this

Hi spidey41

First no matter how tempting a crowbar sounds please DO NOT (bear in mind this is probably what the individual wants you to do is react so they can claim victim).

This is a difficult situation to be in as from what you have posted for whatever reason this neighbour seems to have an issue.

Now as well as the vehicle being covered in mud is the road as well and is it a public road?

Does your drop kerb on the actual road have a White Line painted going along the drop kerb access? (If not ask the council roads dept if and how to apply for this)

Is the individual a private home owner or Council/Housing Association?

Importantly you need to keep a written record of all the incidents no matter how small

This incident Log PDF may be of use:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I totally agree with the above post.

Does he wash this pile of junk off in the street ???

Do the street drains get blocked ??

Keep a log of events and complain daily to the Council about the pavement parking.

How are disabled people supposed to get past it or a mother with a double buggy ??

he does leave mud on the street yes and no i do not have a white line as when the kerb was done the council told me it served no perpose except to inform people there was a drive there , it is a public road and yes myself and this idiot both own our own homes ,

Hi.

I'm surprised the council said that about a white line, because all our neighbours who have dropped kerbs have white lines. If you wanted to ask more about that, you could start a separate thread in the local authorities parking forum, some of the guys understand council regs.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

somebody told me that it did not matter having a white line as if there is no car on the drive people can park across it regardless they only cant block you in but can block you out , yes another person from dvla told me it was illegal to block access to a property as well so dont really know where i stand on this

The more you register this as a problem, the more difficult it would be to sell your house, as it may come up as a reported problem in searches.

Not sure how I would deal with this. I think I might just try to have a calm word with this chap, asking whether he has any issue with you as a neighbour given the continued parking of the Jeep in a muddy condition outside of your driveway.

I suspect he has mental health issues given that this has happened previously and he may just not like having neighbours. I say this, given the night time activity of putting mud on the Jeep.

Given the threatening behaviour mentioned in your last post, you could report this to the Police. Even if they could not do much, you could request it is logged, as it may get them to take action the next time something happens.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i did try having a word a few months ago and got a 2 word reply , hence why i decided to post on here for advice , i dont think there are any mental health issues though , he actually owns a barber shop and his wife owns a tattoo shop , but obviously has it in for me , more so now since i had the drive done

i did try having a word a few months ago and got a 2 word reply , hence why i decided to post on here for advice , i dont think there are any mental health issues though , he actually owns a barber shop and his wife owns a tattoo shop , but obviously has it in for me , more so now since i had the drive done

No sane person does what you are saying he does, unless he thinks you have done something wrong and it is personal.

If I were in this position with threatening behaviour, if the Police were not interested beyond logging an issue, I think I would install a discreet CCTV camera to record events and to keep my own log. You can then ask the Police to consider action for harassment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

yes i was thinking along the line of harassment , i have not been to the police yet , to be honest i dont really want to look this petty to the other neighbours with whom i get on really well with , but i think eventually if it continues i will have no choice

No sane person does what you are saying he does, unless he thinks you have done something wrong and it is personal.

Channel 5's Neighbour's from hell shows that perfectly sane people do the most bizarre and petty things, over sleights, both real and percieved. It's why the OP should go to the Police and request a Harassment Order be applied for - a huge amount of Harassment in these situations is low level stuff that is not even a crime, and the standards and proof required for the orders seems to be very low, because they aren;t a criminal conviction, but "advice" but breaching the advice could lead to prosecution.

They have shown harassment orders given where the nature of the harassment is stuff like the electrician who would test his vehicles lights before heading off to work every morning at 5am, it just so happens that the way he would park his van meant the lights would light up his opposite neighbours windows, across the street.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had some success with section 86 orf the Traffic Management Act 2004 :

Traffic Management Act 2004 Part 6 Sec. 86

86Prohibition of parking at dropped footways etc..

(1)In a special enforcement area a vehicle must not be parked on the carriageway adjacent to a footway, cycle track or verge where—.

(a)the footway, cycle track or verge has been lowered to meet the level of the carriageway for the purpose of—.

(i)assisting pedestrians crossing the carriageway,.

(ii)assisting cyclists entering or leaving the carriageway, or.

(iii)assisting vehicles entering or leaving the carriageway across the footway, cycle track or verge; or.

(b)the carriageway has, for a purpose within paragraph (a)(i) to (iii), been raised to meet the level of the footway, cycle track or verge..

This is subject to the following exceptions.

(2)The first exception is where the vehicle is parked wholly within a designated parking place or any other part of the carriageway where parking is specifically authorised..

A “designated parking place” means a parking place designated by order under section 6, 9, 32(1)(b) or 45 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (c. 27).

(3)The second exception is where the vehicle is parked outside residential premises by or with the consent (but not consent given for reward) of the occupier of the premises..

This exception does not apply in the case of a shared driveway.

My neighbour parked over our shared driveway so we couldn't leave, or parked in the driveway -blocking it altogether, and allowed his visitors

to park in the driveway etc.

Point out that this 3 penalty points and (then) a £60 fine soon stopped the problem, especially when making it obvious that we were

photographing the transgressors, and threatening to email the photo's to the police.

IF the police refuse to act, then you might want to look at the Criminal Justice and Courts Act 2015 (c. 2)

section 26 - police can now be jailed for 14 years for being naughty re doing their duty ie failing to do it,

or threatening to .....

See which part of the Act suits you best.