jobseekers/new job

shazajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can anyone help?

My daughter signed on jobseekers on the 31st march with her official first signing on the 10th April to which she received £33.10 don't know how but that's what she got, anyway shes been offered a job which she starts a week on Monday but she is supposed to be doing a weeks training at the airport through jobcentre, my question is does ahe still have to attend on Monday? Or can she just tell the jobcentre she has a job and a start date? Thanks

If the airport "training" conflicts with the start date of the job, gainful and paid employment takes priority over anything the Job Centre has arranged.

As this "training" is due to start next week, and her job commences a week later, things are a little more difficult. Presumably she has a letter from the JCP mandating she attends ?

If this is the case, and the letter uses all the correct phrases, then there is little room to get out of it without incurring a sanction. If she is not dependant on receiving a weeks JSA money, the easy way out is to close her claim on Monday.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I agree with Mr P. Assuming the course comes next week and the job the following week, basically she has a couple of options.

1) She can contact the Jobcentre and ask to be excused attendance at the course. They might agree to do this, but they often don't, which leaves her having to attend the course or be sanctioned.

2) If they tell her she needs to attend, then she should attend if she needs the JSA money desperately.

3) If she doesn't need the money, she can close her claim effective from the start date of the course. JSA is paid in arrears, so she would still be due a payment from the day after her last signing on day (11th April) to the day she closes her claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thanks for the reply's she rang the jobcentre and the person she spoke to didn't know what she had to do so they said they would get someone to call her back which I'm not 100% if anyone has yet but the guy seemed to think she would still have to go on this course even though that brought it to today and she hasn't been, si I'm assuming they didn't ring or she got excused

The money isn't really a problem as she's relying on me grr until she gets paid from new job so hopefully everythings worked out okay