Police Buying rider/driver details from the DVLA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My lad received in the post an advise and information booklet on keeping his motorcycle safe and secure, sent by the local police.

He had recently just brought the scooter, and had only ridden it a half dozen times and had not been stopped as it was Taxed, MOT'd and Insured.

I was told that the local police force buy the information from the DVLA and wondered if this was true?

As that being a Council Tax Payer, a proportion of the Tax goes to my local force.

Having waited 8 days for them (the police) to come out after having a brick through my window,

I find myself wondering if this is one of the reasons why in the last 9 months

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A POLICE OFFICER ON THE STREETS LOCALLY!

Why should we be paying the police to pay the DVLA for data that must be covered by the data Protection Act??

While I have no issues had he been stopped for an offence,

I seriously think this money would have been better spent on having a viseable police presence on the street.

I have had all sorts of worthless junk mail from the police of late and even received Victim Support correspondence long before an officer turned up.

I wonder if the other member's on here agree that it's about time to put a stop on government department's selling on our personnel information.

The police have direct access to the system. Its likely the bike retailer who sold him the bike has to notify the dvla and they in turn issued the letter in conjunction with the police.

If it was a private sale, then the dvla likely issued the letter when the v5 was updated

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D