Dca or not??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a good credit file now except for motor mile. That is statute barred in a few months.

I have been getting a few strange calls from a call centre and a chap with a Scottish accent. This time we spoke and he said he was from Vanquish and asked to go through security. I declined and on asking a security question of my own he did not even know where vanquish were based. I do have a vanquish card and the credit limit has just been increased.

Anyone looking at my credit file can see i have a vanquish card so alarm bells started ringing that this was a DCA on a phishing trip. The phone number was withheld as well

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Aye you've got to watch these chaps with a Scottish Accent :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Prob scotcall or more likely mucky hall or similar

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 months later...

Having spoken to my brother tonight it seem Robinson way badgered him with 20 calls over 2 days.

I am in Northern Ireland now and i let him move into my old place and carry on with the BT phone service until i took receipt of the keys to my new place and arranged a new install. Which is this Monday

Anyway i have no outstanding debts now, the ones i have are statute barred anyway as they all originate from 2009. The last default drops off my credit file a week today.

I do not wish to particularly contact them but i am concerned they will try and get a CCJ from my old address. I have a clean credit file now and want to keep it as such

I have not come across a thread where Robinson way litigate, it seems they just sell the account on. Is this still the case and what advice would you give??.

Having spoken to my brother tonight it seem Robinson way badgered him with 20 calls over 2 days.

That is ten calls per day or one nearly every fifty minutes in a working day (assuming eight hours). Put simply, that is harassment and should be reported. A stiff letter to RW demanding that they cease would be the first step, then a call to BT on their malicious calls help line. If the calls are causing distress, contacting the police would be an obvious step.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

One thing i have learned on this forum is never speak to a DCA

It has served me well over the years.

I have noticed that Robbers way are now part of the Hoist Group and they do like to litigate. Even though i am sure these debts are now statute barred i am trying to do nothing until the end of the year as they all originate from 2009

Along with not speaking to powerless tin pot DCA's over the phone, you should also ignore any phishing

attempt they might make especially when they're reluctant to commit it in writing....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!