Advice on Natwest current account needed

Lazaruseifer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people,

I'm in a financial quandary here and need advice about how to go about sorting this out - I'm slightly bitter, I admit and I am up to my neck, frustrated, depressed and broke.

Simply, I have a current account that was changed from a student account - The bank automatically changed it to a graduate, then to a current account afterwards. Obviously, as a student, I went into my overdraft, not really planning ahead and looking to the future - You do think that you'll leave university, get a job and pay off your debts. However, after university, most of us realise that there are thousands of other students in the same position and it's like a game of musical chairs for jobs.

Anyhow, I'm at the point now where the bank are charging me over £20 a month for my overdraft charges, I'm sure it was all in the small-print, but as I say, you don't think about this do you? - To put a finer point on it, these overdraft charges are killing me and as a result, the £6 charges for unpaid DD's are (and have been) snowballing for months.

I now find myself in a difficult position where as soon as my meagre living money goes into my account, after the bank have took their cut, I'm left up in arms and to be honest, aside of the fact that they are 'in the right' to take these costs, I'm highly ****ed off and frustrated, but what are you going to do?

Anyhow, I'm thinking that I need to sort this out - I have reclaimed my bank charges on another current account I had with them, which has since been closed, so I can't do it again for this account - and I guess I just need to know my options.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Laza

By by living money ...do you mean benefits?

Are you in a position to open a further account with an unrelated Bank?

Andy

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Laza

By by living money ...do you mean benefits?

Are you in a position to open a further account with an unrelated Bank?

Andy

Hi Andy, I'm Shaun...

Without sounding like I'm going all violin on your arse, I am on benefits at the moment. Basically, I've been jobsearching for nearly 3 years and something that I've come to realise (With the help of a so-called Employment Advisor from A4E), is that, no-one wants to take on a Dyslexic/Dyscalclulic. That, again, is another thing all together, but safe to say, it has been difficult Andy.

I do have a standard account (No Direct Debit/etc) with Santander, I think it's just a deposit account and you can't have anything charged to the account. I suppose I could use that; but again, having a few bills that need DD, pretty much screws me up.

It's bizarre... Things like this always have a tendency to creep up on you don't they? - However, as much as it's 'my own fault' (and I'm not blaming anyone else here or looking for vindication), I think I need to be a little savvy and play the game here a little, as each and every time I get my statement and see that I'm paying just over £30 a month fees, I get this vision in my head of some balding, grey haired, Armani wearing banker, sitting in a restaurant in Saville Row, tipping a waiter £30 and laughing as he lights up a £30 Cigar with a £30 lighter, emptying his ash in a £30 ashtray; all whilst he is parked in a disabled section outside...

I don't not want to pay my overdraft back - I spent the money, I owe it and I will pay it - A man pays his dues... But in the current climate? When you hear all these stories about how bent the banks are and such? You can't help but feel perturbed at the incessant pyramid of power, that feels like it is crumbling from the bottom up.

I need to sort this **** out, I know; but as some may know in here, this debt thing feels like you're walking in a bog. Each step getting deeper and deeper...

To be honest, credit-wise, I'm not too fussed with credit rating. I had a long-drawn out battle with a dodgy second hand car company (who are now, defunct as I believe), it's a long story, but due to naivety, I went head-to-head with them over the quality of their service, I ended up locked in a stalemate with them, and a hefty bill. Again, not trying to place blame here, but let's just say my credit rating was hit hard by these anyway - So, what are you gonna do?

Again, sorry for the mini-biography, but I feel being open and honest about things is usually the best course of action. (If only everyone played on the same rules, right?)

Just use your Santander basic account...that will do everything Nastyvests does....have your benefits transferred to the new account and isolate the Nastyvest account...then you are off their money merry go round.

Do a DSAR on the account and start to build your defence ...should they litigate in the future.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...