Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi all, I'm a member of the public defending a case by CCPlus T/a GroupNexus  for 4 PCNs from back in 2014 and 2015. The main part of my defence is that I was working on site, and Roadchef didnt enter my VRN either correctly or at all. I had repeatedly called them and was told that they would be voided. I heard nothing for years and therefore thought it was all settled. Another part of my defence will be to question the possible deliberate ploy or policy to wait until 5 years has passed to pursue these claims, therefore claiming an extra 8% per annum in  interest on each ticket. I went to mediation today and we didnt agree  on a settlement, so this will continue on to court. I asked for an SAR (Subject Access Request) for all 4 PCNS and they only sent me details for one of them so i offered to pay for one of them minus the fees/charges etc which was rejected. For the record, 4 PCNs now stand at £950 plus court and solicitor fees.   What also irked me is that I had an email  response from a director at Roadchef saying that they could have helped if i had gone to them earlier. I had gone to them earlier, and presumed it was settled. then years later CP Plus pop up with a letter of claim and summons. This left me in a catch22 situation  and is why I think that this is a deliberate ploy. They leave it 5 years to pursue the claim, then the landowner cant help you because it's 5 years down the line   That aside, I would like to hear from other people who have been targeting 4 or 5 years down the line and would ask if I can use their cases in my defence. If we can prove that this is deliberate, we can do something about it. I would also like to hear from a solicitor who'd like to take this up on my behalf.  Thanks
    • This post is regarding PPE listings on all the major buying platforms. and is affecting many thousands of people trying to buy PPE items.
    • I shall send that now  thank you once again. I shall keep you updated. 
    • We would appreciate you posting up your letters in scanned PDF format in future please – as asked – not JPEG images. Thank you. This is not a letter of claim. It's dressed up to look as if it is a letter of claim – probably to put the frighteners on you. You may as well respond to it.      
    • Sorry just noticed re; Link Financial - these are the master server for 2 of my debts.   HBOS assigned the accounts to 'LC Asset 1' and their registered offices are in Luxembourg! Do i send the CCA request there (to LC in Luxembourg) or to the LC PO box in London? or shall i send it to Link Financials office in London - HELP!
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Pension credit overpayment

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1918 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi. Would just like some advice on behalf of my 80yr old mum. She had a letter from pension credits asking to fill in income/savings details. Nothing has changed in years, she has just received a letter stating that since dec 2008 they had paid her £15 per month as they didn't know about her private pension. She is sure she told them previously. Can she send a subject access request to get copies of all the old forms she has sent back as she didn't keep copies?

Many thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Can she send a subject access request to get copies of all the old forms she has sent back as she didn't keep copies?


Yes, she can send the DWP a SAR. It is free, so make the most of it and demand copies of all data, including computer records and everything held on paper.


The computer printout may be quite large, but pick through it carefully, and you may well find the evidence you are looking for.





No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...