Hoist/Cohen - Claimform Santander Credit Card 'debt'***Struck Out***

daniel197
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brief background details

Account is for a credit card with Santander.

Amount £2xxx

There is no record of this debt on my Experian credit file or when I check the same using Noddle.

Debt has been passed from Viking Collection services > Moorcroft > Wescot > Robinson Way.

13/02/15 I sent a CCA request to Robinson Way after receiving a letter informing the account would be passed to their solicitors Howard Cohen in the next 10 days.

21/02/2015 Letter from Howard Cohen titled 'Notice of Pending legal action' requesting payment within 10 days.

06/03/2015 I get a reply from Rob Way acknowledging my request and informing my account has been placed on hold temporarily pending receipt of the documentation.

21/03/2015 Get a weird letter from Robinson Way saying

' We write to acknowledge the recent update that you have provided us in relation to your current circumstances. we confirm that no further action will be taken on your account for the next 2 weeks from the date of this letter.

Please ensure we have your proposal for payment within this period to avoid collections activity resuming. If we do not hear from you within 2 weeks, our solicitors Howard Cohen may be instructed to proceed with issuing a court claim................'

I assumed this was scare tactics and ignored it as they still hadn't satisfied my CCA request.

Today I received a County Court claim form from Northampton.

I still haven't received any CCA from any of the parties involved.

I obviously need to acknowledge service of the Claim form but what's my next course of action??

Library letter - 'Letter to solicitors threatening legal action / in default of agreement request'?? If yes, do i send this to Hoist as well as Howard Cohen?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Dan

please fill this out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**(1-Viewing)-nbsp

you need to send a new CCA request to hoist

and a CPR to cohens.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Name of the Claimant? Hoist Portfolio Holding 2 Limited

Date of issue 10 Apr 2015

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

'This claim is for the sum 26xx in respect of monies owing pursuant

to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The debt was legally assigned by Santander Cards Ltd to the claimant and notice has been served.

The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement.

A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

1. The sum of 26xx

2 Interest pursuant to s69 of the County Court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 22/02/2015 to the date hereof 46 days is the sum of 26.00

3. Daily interest at the rate of .56

4. Costs

What is the value of the claim?

£26xx plus court fee of £105, plus solicitors cost of £80

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 01/2008

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser issued claim

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes

I was aware the account had been assigned.

Received a letter 05/12/2014 from Santander informing of assignment to Hoist.

Letter dated the same as above from Hoist informing Santander has assigned all of its rights etc

. Not sure if this is the Notice of Assignment??

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not aware of receiving one. If I did, I do not have a copy of it.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year? No, i'm fairly sure I have not.

Why did you cease payments? Financial difficulties after a change of jobs and then eventual loss of employment.

What was the date of your last payment? Not definite but maybe mid 2010

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

so you took this out in 2008?

could get sticky as they'll be able to use a recon agreement

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, looks like 2008. Ive found an entry on a past copy of my credit report and 2008 is the date started entry. It no longer shows on my credit report though.

I take it Recon means reconstituted agreement?

Should my next course action still be CCA Hoist, CPR Cohens? Anything else I need to do?

when did you last pay them anything?

dx

and they

puzzled as to why its not on your CRA file if you were paying till mid 2010

unless it was defaulted prior to that

and 6yrs have elapsed since that default?

[re SB date etc etc]

and they

Yes me too. If I look at my previous report library on Experian, the debt was there on a report created Oct 2014, default date shown as Sep 2010. My next viewable report is Feb 2015 and it isn't on there, or any report subsequently.

cant see mention of TN in the POC

and they

Hardly mention the agreement....

This claim is for the sum 26xx in respect of monies owing pursuant

to The consumer crediticon Act 1974 (CCA) under account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:???:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Very..... monies owing pursuant to The consumer credit Act 1974 (CCA

Should be monies owing pursuant to an agreement number xxxxxxxxx regulated by the The Consumer Credit Act 1974

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 4 weeks later...

Still nothing back from Hoist or Cohens regarding the CCA and CPR request. If my dates are correct, I believe I have until Tuesday to file the defence? How do I proceed here?

Regards

Dan

yep 4pm Tuesday or weds [as there was a bank holiday during the 33 days?]

the std no paperwork/holding defence

in many threads here

or in

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-DCA-Legal-Successes

have read around

and have a go

post it up here before you file it

dx

and they

No extra allowance for normal bank holidays...only Christmas day and Good friday

1.This claim is for the sum 26xx in respect of monies owing pursuant

to The consumer creditlink3.gif Act 1974 (CCA) under account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2.The debt was legally assigned by Santanderlink3.gif Cards Ltd to the claimant and notice has been served.

3.The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement.

4.A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

1. The sum of 26xx

2 Interest pursuant to s69 of the county courtlink3.gif Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 22/02/2015 to the date hereof 46 days is the sum of 26.00

4. Costs

Defence has to be submitted tomorrow. Does this look ok?

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant. The claimant has failed to provide any evidence of agreement/contract/breach as requested by CPR 31.14 and is in default of a Section 78 request.

3. Paragraph 3 & 4 are denied as The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received.The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued to and received by the Defendant.

4. On the 18th April 2015 I made a legal request by way of a section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has not yet produced the requested documents therefore I am currently unable to fully defend this claim.

5.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed and evidence any breach and notice of breach by way of a default notice or notice of sums in arrears.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

you need to align your paragraph numbers to the paragraph numbers of their POC I have bought down.

and answer to para 2.

and they

1.This claim is for the sum £26xx in respect of monies owing pursuant to The consumer credit Act 1974 (CCA) under account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2.The debt was legally assigned by Santander Cards Ltd to the claimant and notice has been served.

3.The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. .A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.

The Claimant claims

1. The sum of 26xx

2 Interest pursuant to s69 of the county court Act 1984 at a rate of 8.00 percent from the 22/02/2015 to the date hereof 46 days is the sum of 26.00

4. Costs

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted I have in the past had a contractual relationship with Santander Cards Ltd.

3. Paragraph 3 is denied as the Defendant maintains that a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA was never received.

4. On the 18th April 2015 I made a legal request by way of section 78 request to the Claimant. The Claimant has not yet to comply with the requested agreement.

I have also requested further information to clarify the claimants claim by way of a CPR 31.14, again the Claimant has yet to comply.

Therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show and evidence any breach.

5.As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

6. By reason of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Amended defence.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Andyorch
Defence amended

Thank You dx and Andy. Something weird happening this morning with MCOL website. Cant login with the Claim no and password on the claim form. Going to have to ring the court this morning and see whats happening.

With regard to paragraph 2. I do have what could be a Notice of assignment.

Cheers

Edited by daniel197

Thank you Andy. Managed to access the MCOL website now. Just noticed on the POC that what I've written as paragraphs 2 and 3 are actually combined on the claim form. Like this

The debt was legally assigned by Santandericon Cards Ltd to the claimant and notice has been served. The Defendant has failed to make contractual payments under the terms of the agreement. .A default notice has been served upon the Defendant pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA.