• Tweets

• retitled and moved to the correct forum.   please continue to post here   dx    
    • right slow down!! there no immediate or AT ALL prospect of bailiffs thats a very very long way off IF at all.   i will guess you have moved in recent years and didn't update your debt owners with your correct and current address? and suddenly you've checked your credit file to find 3 backdoor CCJ's to an old address?   dx    
    • Have a look at post 64 of BStealth's thread.  That's the type of generic defence to file.   The rubbish from DCB Legal is just standard.  They don't have to reply to your request, but when it comes to it the judge will want to see the documents.   As you haven't got the original paperwork you might as well send OPS a SAR.  It's free, it'll annoy them and it'll force them to do some work.  Always better to have too much info,. than too little.     
    • Thanks for your advice FTMDave. Will keep it generic then.                                                      Don't know if this is changes anything but an extra note that I received a letter by 'DCB Legal Ltd' a few days ago (on the 25th of Feb). It just says 'we confirm receipt of your letter dated 13th of Feb 2021. At this stage as a Claim has been issued, we are not obliged to provide documentation unless ordered to by the Court. If you are unsure of your position you may wish to seek your own independent legal advice. '   Once again, thanks for your all help. 
    • Thank you for your replies.   I lost my job about 3 years ago and I've been on UC. Most of it as unfit for work. I've never been self employed. I have a number of power tools and hand tools valued at 2k if bought new.   I've held jobs in maintenance before and the tools were bought then. The idea being when I'm well enough to work to go back as a handyman or something similar again. More than likely self employed. I won't be able to afford the tools again without working. No tools, no work.   I had 3 credit cards. The debts were around 2-3 years old. Out of the blue a 3 months back they filed and were granted ccj's. One £900 and two others to the same company for £2000. I knew nothing about it. I happened to look at my credit report and saw them.   I've panicked and I'm obviously worried about baliffs coming around and seizing goods. I don't know how quickly these things move and the amount of debt it's worth them chasing. The tools are all I have of any value. But more importantly are a way back into work.   Not knowing about the ccj's has made me think it could happen again with the baliffs turning up out of the blue. Knowing a way to check court filings for this area would help greatly.   I live in one room of a shared house so they wouldn't be used for DIY.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

ScottishPower – do you want to sue ScottishPower in England? – Contact details

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1636 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Scottish Power

Scottish power causeway

Wilderspool causeway

Warrington

WA4 6QD

This is not the head office of ScottishPower – but it is the address of a major customer service centre with at least 100 customer service operatives and over 50 other support staff.

If you have made your energy contract in England/Wales and you live in England/Wales then you can sue ScottishPower in England/Wales if you have an address for service within the jurisdiction.

This address in Warrington will be fine. Don't worry about having to sue out of the jurisdiction in Glasgow or any other thing like that.

A few more people suing these inept and irresponsible energy companies like ScottishPower and npower will do the whole of the consumer environment a lot of good.

So come on people – bring it on.

• 1 year later...

I've not used this address for N1 but it appears to be Scottish power retail from Google street view.

One tip that has worked for me in the past may help to avoid court.

Send your @scottishpower.com pre-action email to its CONTACTUS customer services address quoting your account no etc.

After a week, I sent a without prejudice email to (legal dept) [email protected] quoting the complaint reference number given since pre-action saying what the full and final settlement amount was.

Probably only works with low value credit balance disputes.