• Tweets

• Well If I pay British Gas £90 a month they’ll be paid off in about 17 months. That’s a long time but if it’s gunna effect my credit rating until November 2023 why bother paying it off early?    Ive worked out too the PDL default will be 6 years old on the 22/01/2020 so is there a point even doing anything with it? If it gets removed after 6 years does that mean I won’t have to pay it back?    Thanks  Andrew 
    • Minor developments:   a) Notification received that case has been referred to County Court at Chesterfield and we've to await the Judge's directions re allocation etc.    b) The letter I sent on 20th August to the agent (Lambert Smith Hampton) that manages the Berkeley Precinct and has its address on the board at the entrance, has been returned by the Royal Mail National Returns Centre, with a sticker saying the "addressee has gone away"!!   Don't they have an obligation to change the signage if they move, and why wouldn't such a large company have their mail re-directed?   The letter requested assistance in obtaining a copy of the contract between VCS and the landowner. I'm a bit mystified, but have found an additional address, so I could resend the letter and give it another try. 
    • urm.. FmoTl twaddle me thinks followed here
    • 123 Abc efg   22/09/2019 Dear Sir,   Re:  v xyz. Case No: 123456   CPR 31.14 Request   On (date) I received the Claim Form in this case issued by you out of the county court of Salford.      I confirm having returned my acknowledgement of service to the court in which I indicate my intention to contest and counter claim all of your claim.   Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim:     1: The agreement/overdraft Facility Confirmation and Terms and Conditions from that date. You will appreciate that in an ordinary case and by reason of the provisions of CPR PD 16 para 7.3, where a claim is based upon a written agreement, a copy of the contract or documents constituting the agreement the original(s) should be available at the hearing. Further, that any general conditions incorporated in the contract should also be attached.   Failure to prove the above will render any claim unenforceable pursuant to section127 and 61b(3) CCA1974   2: The Demand/Termination Notice (Notice served under Sections 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974   3: Notices of Sums in Arrears under running account credit CCA2006 sec 86C   4. Notice of Assignment *   You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties and ensure that the document(s) I have requested are disclosed at your earliest convenience.. Your CPR 31 duties extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for the originals of the documents I have requested, the better for you to be able to verify the document's authenticity and to provide me with a legible copy. Further, where I have requested a copy of a document, the original of which is now in the possession of another person, you will have a right to possession of that document if you have mentioned it in your case. You must take immediate steps to recover and preserve it for the purpose of this case.   Where I have mentioned a document and there is in your possession more than one version of that same document owing to a modification, obliteration or other marking or feature, each version will be a separate document and you must provide a copy of each version of it to me. Your obligations extend to making a reasonable and proportionate search for any version(s) to include an obligation to recover and preserve such version(s) which are now in the possession of a third party.   In accordance with CPR 31.15© I undertake to be responsible for your reasonable copying costs incurred in complying with this CPR 31.14 request.   If you are unable to comply with this request and believe that you will never be able to comply with this request please confirm in your response.     Yours faithfully   Xyz. is this ok to send. and recorded delivery.
  • Our picks

bad_juju

Ebay fun times!!! Help please needed about refund, or lack of : (

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1623 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi lovely people,

I haven't been on this site for ages but I remember last time I had a problem I found it invaluable.

Right, this is a long and complicated juicy nightmare ebay problem which I refuse to back down from.

To start with,

I bought a perfume from ebay - all looked fine on the description, seller had good feedback so I went ahead and bid.

On receipt of the perfume I noticed it was a blatant fake and contacted the seller straight away.

She seemed friendly and said it was a gift and had not realised it was a counterfeit as it was sealed.

We arranged for me to send it back to her and she gave me her address and said that she had already refunded me.

I know from experience that sometimes refunds take a few days to clear and I went ahead and sent it back.

First mistake, I know, and

second mistake - I sent it back just as normal 2nd class, with no tracking.

I have never sent anything back before on ebay to a seller and was not aware of their tracking policy.

I then realised that I had been conned as I never received the refund.

The seller didn't contact me regardless of the messages I sent her

off to ring up ebay customer services.

Rang them and they said that I had to open a case against her but because I didn't have a tracking number

they could not confirm if she had received the item back or not so could not refund me.

I had to wait a few days whilst they tried to make contact.

Obviously the seller did not respond to their messages

every time I rang them about it they kept churning out the no tracking number spiel, so no refund.

In the end they closed the case saying that they could not verify delivery.

In the meantime I noticed that the seller had received another negative feedback regarding selling a counterfeit perfume.

I appealed the case and highlighted this fact but again the same response from ebay.

They suggested I tried to contact royal mail and try and get compensation.

I reluctantly started a process with Royal stating that it might be lost in the post, hoping that maybe they could track it down.

On Friday this week to my utter surprise I received the 'perfume' back.

On the label that the post office stuck on 'item never called for' was ticked before it was returned to sender.

I was really happy and optimistically thought that I could now get this sorted.

I contacted ebay customer support stating that I would like the case reopened as I now have the perfume back

and could they please advise me what to do next.

In response they said:

"In this case, we cannot verify the item was held at the post office or was returned to the sender

as we have not received a valid tracking number so we have closed this case without issuing you a refund.

Please understand that we’re also unable to grant an appeal on this case."

??? Not sure if I am being thick but I have the parcel back with the stickers on etc, I can verify the situation.

I even took photos of the package and uploaded them to my one drive with a link that I pasted into the reply

as there did not seem to be a way of attaching images.

I said to them that this is the evidence that proves that the item was held at the post office.

I went on further to ask them directly if I should send it back to the seller as track and trace this time so that they could keep tabs on it being returned.

I didn't want to do anything with out their confirmation.

This was their reply:

"In this case, as you did not supply valid tracking showing the item had been delivered back to the seller,

we closed the case without issuing you with a refund.

For this same reason, we’re not able to approve your appeal."

BUT I HAVE THE PERFUME BACK!!!! Arrghhh.

This surely cannot be fair.

It is not worth ringing them again as I get so frustrated and I will probably end up crying!

Can anyone please advise me what I should do?

I am thinking of writing to the ebay head office (I have their address)

and even sending them the perfume as I don't want the thing.

Someone even mentioned contacting the perfume company (in this case PRADA)

stating that ebay have allowed this to happen and that the seller of the counterfeit product has made money from the transaction and has got off scott free.

Another reason why this has upset me so much is that this was supposed to be a birthday

present from my family who have saved up to give me the money and I feel like I need take this further.

Many thanks in advance for your help and for reading my plight.

I know I made some blatant mistakes but I now feel like I am in the right but ebay have washed their hand of me.

how do you pay you paypal balance?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi dx

It is just my master card debit card. I don't have a credit card at the moment.

then I would suggest trying for a chargeback

thru your bank.

then if things get silly you can then send the item back by tracked postage

if they ask you to do so.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

get the chargeback done first mind

before you send the item back!

IF you have too

spreadsheets