style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was once an avid watcher of every F1 race, but since the changes to the cars and half the races now being on Sky, I have lost interest.

The cars are now quieter because they now use modern technology. There is now no refueling at pit stops and the tyres are now more reliable. This has taken away some of the excitement.

It is not the drivers not being as good, because you see some great overtaking moves. But the sport has been made boring.

What do other people think ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The same as you. I miss the exhaust note. MOst races are now won on tactics ie 1 pit stop or 2 or 3 etc and that's a lot to do with the tyres.

I completely agree with the bit about Sky. If they think I would sign up to their rip-off subscriptions just to watch F1, (or any other programme), they can think again.

I gave up years ago as well , like you said they have changed everything from the tracks , who remember when you watch a race to see how many would get through the first corner unscathered

The same as you. I miss the exhaust note. MOst races are now won on tactics ie 1 pit stop or 2 or 3 etc and that's a lot to do with the tyres.

I completely agree with the bit about Sky. If they think I would sign up to their rip-off subscriptions just to watch F1, (or any other programme), they can think again.

Find a friend with sky and use sky go

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not worth the bother. There are more adverts than programmes on Sky anyway. I'm with Virgin which has the majority of Sky channels and you can always tell when watching something that the channel is a Sky one, the ad breaks are so long.

hamilton on pole. did anyone see the qualifying, more exciting than the race :)

I tend to watch about the first 10 and last 10 laps of the race. In between I find something else to do.

Anyone noticed that the cars this years have the skid plates set fairly low to increase the sparks. Is this designed to make it more entertaining ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Bernie Ecclestone calls for return of V8 engines for Formula 1

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has renewed calls for a return to V8 engines, claiming it is "urgently" needed and that they could be boosted to 1000bhp.

http://no1forum.co.uk/showthread.php?1421-Bernie-Ecclestone-calls-for-return-of-V8-engines-for-Formula-1

• 2 months later...
what about formula E, any better? :)

Not really got into formula E, but the tight street circuits they use make the racing closer. The only problem I see with it at the moment, is having to change to another car at a pit stop due to battery life.

i watched a bit today, being in london. apparently they can go up to around 150 mph, not far off f1. but it didnt seem so. just 'looks' slower, maybe the tight circuits. but it had the usual spins/tyre wall crash/safety car/odd overtake. no engine noise or sparks though :)