style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe try to focus on what you CAN do, rather than looking for loopholes on what you can't?

Helpful, thanks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Just go for the wiring loom job and tell them about your colour blindness and they wont employ you any way

It is a waste of time and money for everyone involved if I were to do that, and furthermore if I did attend interviews that I knew I had no chance of obtaining, then I could be sanctioned for not actively seeking jobs that are suitable, for example if I only applied for jobs that involved heights, good colour vision and involved being transported around the country and mentioned my issues at the interview or failed the colour blind test, then it would be the same as only applying for jobs such as surgeon, pilot,teacher,doctor which I have zero chance of securing and would according to the guidelines incur a sanction, if that makes sense ?

Or maybe try to focus on what you CAN do, rather than looking for loopholes on what you can't?

I am pretty sure your statement is a contradiction in terms, but yes agreed I should focus on what I can do, rather than being distracted by people pushing me into what I cannot do.

Me thinks this is getting sillier, my work coach on our second meeting again notified me for a vacancy, where I live there is no public transport running early enough to get me to the city in order to catch another bus to arrive at the job on time, so they said I could use a bicycle ride the 8 miles to town then catch the connecting bus and take my bike with me on the bus because they have seen people allowed on with their bikes.

The bus is used to take people to the airport so has large storage area.

Now I want some honest advice because I think I am going mad and finding fault with everything at the moment but really does that sound like a reasonable solution, what if 2 people want to bring a bike on-board, or the storage space is full with holiday makers baggage or push chairs prams, there is only so much space, am I to gamble everyday that I might not make it to work.

This journey would take me 1:45 mins each way according to Google transport and according the the decision makers guide journeys that take longer than 90 mins one way could be reasonable in some circumstances such as the claimant lives in a rural location without access to a car, there is not actual limit for how long it takes to commute, in fact if lets say I used to commute for 3 hours in my previous work then it would be reasonable for them to expect me to use that as my range.

Again what I consider a reasonable objection is just ignored.

I attended the interview and the was told that they wont take any one on who has to commute more than 45 mins to work, they were strict on that....... strange world indeed.

Me thinks this is getting sillier, my work coach on our second meeting again notified me for a vacancy, where I live there is no public transport running early enough to get me to the city in order to catch another bus to arrive at the job on time, so they said I could use a bicycle ride the 8 miles to town then catch the connecting bus and take my bike with me on the bus because they have seen people allowed on with their bikes.

Does the hours of availability within your Job Seeker's Agreement or Claimant Commitment take in to account the times buses run in your area ?

If not, you need to renegotiate the agreement to ensure your available hours do not fall outside of the times scheduled services run. I'd also suggest contacting the bus company and enquire as to what their policy is on carrying bicycles. I know that some buses in the Lake District have space for bicycles to cater to the tourist industry, but capacity is limited, and if you try to use a bus that doesn't have the space, the driver will most likely deny access.

With winter just around the corner, I'm not sure I'd want to cycle along a narrow rural road in the dark and being forced in to the hedgerow by a drunken driver.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I walk to town and back a few times a week so riding a bike is not a problem for me, it is the fact that they expect me to gamble each day that there is a space available on the bus,any one with a modicum of common sense can see that is not sustainable.

Good idea about renegotiating or amending my claimant commitment as I put available any time without thinking it through, I have compiled a list of exceptions I will also be adding just to cover all the bases.

According to my work coach the doctor will give me a fit note detailing my health issues so best to get them all down so I wont be offered unsuitable vacancies in the future, fear of heights, fear of being a passenger in a vehicle, fear of spiders, moths, fear of the dentist, fairground rides, leeches, etc, then I am compiling a list of work that goes against my religious beliefs, I embrace all faiths so the list could be quite long and I do not want to miss anything.

Monty python springs to mind but it seems now I am a victim of harassment under the disability act .

My view is that phobias rather than being a mental health issue are more like a religion where it is based on belief system rather than concrete evidence,an exception based on religious grounds does not require a letter from the imam,priest,vicar,guru to confirm, so why should a phobia be any different.

Yeah, some of them are indeed pretty "bulldog"-like :)

Actually, I'd really love to see some work coach push this to the point that it ends up at a Tribunal. It would be hilarious. Well, I wouldn't really like to see that happen because it would mean some poor job seeker got a ridiculous sanction, but the idea still makes me chuckle.

sadly it's only following such a adverse decision's that people go on to win at a tribunal and then hopefully the same or similar events are prevented in the future, but i have my doubts about that

Whoa, Have you been taking lessons from IDS,Who quit,? and this isn't ESA but JSA those blinkers are playing havoc with your eyesight , or you have been exposed to too much tory influence,

I've removed a post for personal attacks. Please don't bother to post it again - I've got better things to do with my time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.