style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Work program provider wants to video record a mock interview as part of workshop, I am reluctant to undertake such a task and stated this to my advisor. was informed I would be mandated to comply if I refused to be video interviewed.

Obviously I can refuse and fail to participate but I cannot afford to be sanctioned.

Ask why the video is required and for their Data Protection officer to provide you with the legal explanation required for its usage, period it will be stored for etc.. Under the Data protection act, you do have rights over this and they must satisfy these rights.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Follow this up with a formal complaint to the DWP, via your MP if necessary.

I bet they would object if you were to record any/all meetings, so perhaps drop this in to the conversation if they persist.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If the video is to be used as part of group exercise then the advisor would need your permission before using it. He as no right to force you to appear on a video. I do not know your circumstances but if have any MH problems such as an anxiety related or disorder related to image then a formal complaint to the DWP is in order in this case.

Would you be provided with a copy.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This video interview is part of a series of workshops preparing me for something called candidate pool, I am expected to dress for the interview as I would if going for a real interview, the purpose of the video is so that we can review the mock interview afterwards in all its glorious detail.

With regard to mental health issues I am beginning to think there must be something wrong with me to not just blindly comply with everything I am instructed to do, it does seem trivial to refuse such a request but everyone who knows me knows not to take my photograph, my kids and grandkids have no photos of me but it is not something I would ever have thought I should see the doctor about nor something I would mention in my job seekers agreement, I have said that if mandated I would still refuse to participate.

So maybe I should go to the DWP and have it recorded as an exception that I have a fear of being photographed/ videoed and hopefully they will accept my word without me undertaking any medical examination, they accepted my fear of heights without any medical evidence and also colour blindness both exclude me from certain types of work, if I have fear of photographed/videoed recorded at the DWP then I can use that maybe to block my work program provider from mandating me to undertake the video interview.

This video interview is part of a series of workshops preparing me for something called candidate pool, I am expected to dress for the interview as I would if going for a real interview, the purpose of the video is so that we can review the mock interview afterwards in all its glorious detail.

With regard to mental health issues I am beginning to think there must be something wrong with me to not just blindly comply with everything I am instructed to do, it does seem trivial to refuse such a request but everyone who knows me knows not to take my photograph, my kids and grandkids have no photos of me but it is not something I would ever have thought I should see the doctor about nor something I would mention in my job seekers agreement, I have said that if mandated I would still refuse to participate.

So maybe I should go to the DWP and have it recorded as an exception that I have a fear of being photographed/ videoed and hopefully they will accept my word without me undertaking any medical examination, they accepted my fear of heights without any medical evidence and also colour blindness both exclude me from certain types of work if I have fear of photographed/videoed recorded at the DWP then I can use that maybe to block my work program provider from mandating me to undertake the video interview.

Just tell them you believe the camera steals your soul! (It would help if you have tribal ancestry?) You'd be amazed what you can get ESA for these days, so if they mandate you just jog along to your nearest GP and get a sick note. Apparently being fat is a disability these days, so why not photophobia! Give it a go, if successful it'll get the jobsworths off you while you look for a real job.

Best wishes.

:-)

With regard to mental health issues I am beginning to think there must be something wrong with me to not just blindly comply with everything I am instructed to do, it does seem trivial to refuse such a request but everyone who knows me knows not to take my photograph, [...] I have said that if mandated I would still refuse to participate.

There is nothing wrong in not wanting to be videoed or photographed. I also go to great lengths to avoid having my image recorded for what ever lame excuse.

If you do get mandated to undertake this mock interview, agree to participate as long as no recording equipment is used. Put it in writing so that there is a record of your objections, and then create merry hell if there is a camera in the room when you attend.

This would make sense to go through with you and show you your mistakes so you could see them personally. I see nothing wrong with this method of teaching, but I don't think you should be forced to do it.

Personnel interviews are hardly used anymore, you would think they would know that

The majority of permanent staff employment is secured through employment agencies first. Employers tend not to advertise vacancies through the usual media streams. That is except cold calling sales, security, etc. In other words, Low-paid low skilled work

There is nothing wrong in not wanting to be videoed or photographed. I also go to great lengths to avoid having my image recorded for what ever lame excuse.

Thanks for that, at times I feel like a freak of nature when attending the WP with my protestations but I have a stubborn streak that refuses to budge when I feel aggrieved by something.

As for your suggestion to record them I am going to request that I am allowed to video all workshops so that I can review and learn from them at my leisure and any objections I will use as my own defence.

If all goes well at the mock interview then we passed onto something called candidate pool and that will throw up a whole heap of new issues, I printed of and gave them the withdraw consent form when I first attended and it states,

Part 7: My disclosure to a Third Party

If [Provider’s and or/Subcontractor’s name] reasonably requires me to disclose my personal data with any specific Third Party,[8] for example an employer, recruiter or recruitment agency for the purposes of applying for a job or another training provider to assist me become more work ready, please supply me with sufficient written information and a MAN so I can share my personal data on a confidential basis, with the Third Party myself.

I believe this scuppers how the candidate pool works for them so I can see them not being happy when I bring that up.

This would make sense to go through with you and show you your mistakes so you could see them personally. I see nothing wrong with this method of teaching, but I don't think you should be forced to do it.

I agree it could have benefits for those who wish to undertake the activity.

If you look in any of the broadsheets, there is a myriad of high salary jobs advertised.

For Graduates

26% of Graduates fail to secure this level of employment. The average is applying for 20 jobs before they secure the relevant employment as to their skills base

Most get stuck in the fast food industry such as McDonalds or bar work

Before i moved onto ESA from JSA, the benefit adviser stated that if i put down my University Qualifications or disability then i would be sanctioned for making myself unemployable. Then she gave me jobs to apply at Morrison's etc as a check out operator. Her excuse was that i was making myself overqualified for these positions if i disclosed them or on my CV

The jobs offered on the Government Universal Jobs Match that claimants have to subscribe to are low paid menial jobs with no security, and almost all agency work links

I agree the majority of people in work are over qualified but::

We do have a definite skills shortage. A quarter of all skilled placements remain unfilled

Last year we had nine areas of skills shortages, now we have 43 areas. Every single type of engineering is in short supply, from mechanical to software, civil to electrical,"

My source is the CBI

It takes 3 to 4 years to become a competent tradesman

This shortage can be placed directly back to when the Government came into power in 2010. They withdrew all funding for employers to take on apprenticeships. Any cost of an apprentice was then placed on the employer

The simple fact was that as people retired, there were no qualified people to take there place. That is why this country now relies on qualified bricklayers predominantly from Poland in the current house building program

Manpower said that foreign bricklayers were being hired to work for £1,000 a week - double the normal amount paid to bricklayers - due to the lack of UK talent.

For Graduates

26% of Graduates fail to secure this level of employment. The average is applying for 20 jobs before they secure the relevant employment as to their skills base

Most get stuck in the fast food industry such as McDonalds or bar work

Before i moved onto ESA from JSA, the benefit adviser stated that if i put down my University Qualifications or disability then i would be sanctioned for making myself unemployable. Then she gave me jobs to apply at Morrison's etc as a check out operator. Her excuse was that i was making myself overqualified for these positions if i disclosed them or on my CV

The jobs offered on the Government Universal Jobs Match that claimants have to subscribe to are low paid menial jobs with no security, and almost all agency work links

There must be something that can be done about this. Not the first time someone has posted that they have been advised to "lie" on their CV ?

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If there are gaps in your education/employment record, a potential employer would want an explanation. At which point, you could lie about the (minimum) three year gap, or tell them that you were in higher education. Neither option would be acceptable to many employers.