style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a screen print of this in case you need to justify not logging in etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Yes clicking login on that one takes me to the error page I posted .

Oh sorry, it's not something I know anything about.

and yes, just did the same thing for me.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Do a printout and make sure the date is included on the page header. You might need to check the print settings of your browser. The printout should then be presented at your next job search review and you can ask the adviser to comment on the error message.

Tech bit: Some numpty has been upgrading parts of the UJM system and has failed to conduct any testing before going home.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Clear out your catche and all the other junk that's messing up and slowing down your computer by downloading cCleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard - click on all the boxes except the very bottom one, (Wipe free space), and then clean out the registry and then use Cleaner. Restart your computer.

Clear out your catche and all the other junk that's messing up and slowing down your computer by downloading cCleaner

This would only work if you are running Microsoft Windows and you trust the vendor not to install any unwanted "extras".

I will stick to running various flavours of Unix and pass over web sites that rely on M$ hacks to work.

Clear out your catche and all the other junk that's messing up and slowing down your computer by downloading cCleaner - http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard - click on all the boxes except the very bottom one, (Wipe free space), and then clean out the registry and then use Cleaner. Restart your computer.

Although a decent a tool I use Linux so I have no problems with junk, especially the junk produced by microshaft.

Hey folks.

ujm was down for planned maintenance but they didn't bother to tell anyone as i emailed them last night as i could not get on to my ujm to put my jobsearch up and i got a replied today " You may of been having issues logging into your Universal Jobmatch account, This was a Government Gateway issue, we would suggest that you now try and log into your account as this should now be ok " And then i got"" I am pleased to confirm that it was planned maintenance and not a technical issue ""

i wrote to them asking where i could get info on when there next gonna do maintenance and what times are waiting a reply should get one tomorrow!

according to some people the maintenance was from 6pm to 3am why would a service people use for there job search and to record there job search start there maintenance at 6pm!!

Hey folks.

ujm was down for planned maintenance but they didn't bother to tell anyone as i emailed them last night as i could not get on to my ujm to put my jobsearch up and i got a replied today " You may of been having issues logging into your Universal Jobmatch account, This was a Government Gateway issue, we would suggest that you now try and log into your account as this should now be ok " And then i got"" I am pleased to confirm that it was planned maintenance and not a technical issue ""

i wrote to them asking where i could get info on when there next gonna do maintenance and what times are waiting a reply should get one tomorrow!

according to some people the maintenance was from 6pm to 3am why would a service people use for there job search and to record there job search start there maintenance at 6pm!!

There is absolutely no reason why maintenance cannot be carried out at night. This site does it's daily maintenance at 04:00 every morning so no one should be inconvenienced.

There is absolutely no reason why maintenance cannot be carried out at night.

If there is maintenance in progress, it is trivial to redirect to a static page to provide information on how long the system is likely to be down. One would have thought it a basic courtesy towards the end user rather than having a cryptic error message being displayed. The latter just smacks of incompetence.

There is absolutely no reason why maintenance cannot be carried out at night. This site does it's daily maintenance at 04:00 every morning so no one should be inconvenienced.

ye i agree they should do there maintenance after 12 at night so no one has problem with putting stuff up on the site no wonder people complain that they can't put up there job search with starting maintenance at 6pm!

If there is maintenance in progress, it is trivial to redirect to a static page to provide information on how long the system is likely to be down. One would have thought it a basic courtesy towards the end user rather than having a cryptic error message being displayed. The latter just smacks of incompetence.

'Incompetence' - I think that refers to the whole set up not just the IT department.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently on the work program and toying with the idea of going part time self employed developing a drop shipping business, if I did would I be correct in saying,

If I work 15 hours per week part time self employed I can still sign on, although I will have to declare any earnings for the last 2 weeks.

If my income is zero after expenses for the last 2 weeks I will be entitled to full JSA.

I will still receive full housing benefit and help with council tax until my income reaches a level which will affect them.

I will only be expected to job search for 20 hours per week, I have agreed to work 35 hours per week in my claimant commitment so 15 hours part time work plus 20 hours job search equals 35 hours.

If the above is all correct and I work 10:30-12:00 and 2:30-4:00 five days a week how would this affect my involvement with the work program.

I am currently on the work program and toying with the idea of going part time self employed developing a drop shipping business, if I did would I be correct in saying,

If I work 15 hours per week part time self employed I can still sign on, although I will have to declare any earnings for the last 2 weeks.

If my income is zero after expenses for the last 2 weeks I will be entitled to full JSA.

I will still receive full housing benefit and help with council tax until my income reaches a level which will affect them.

I will only be expected to job search for 20 hours per week, I have agreed to work 35 hours per week in my claimant commitment so 15 hours part time work plus 20 hours job search equals 35 hours.

If the above is all correct and I work 10:30-12:00 and 2:30-4:00 five days a week how would this affect my involvement with the work program.

Hello there.

I'm not sure why you would want to work for £0 income?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If you claim JSA, you will still be required to engage with the Work Programme and participate in any mandatory activity imposed upon you. The number of hours "worked" or the time/days engaged in this work will be of no interest to the WP provider - They are likely to take an interest and provide support & advice (otherwise known as interference) in an attempt to get your self-employment hours up so that they can claim their outcome payments.

I'm not sure what 'drop shipping' is

I've come across "drop shipping" in America. A reseller will advertise and sell a product to an end user and rely on the manufacturer to ship it from their warehouse. If the manufacturer is willing to do this, it cuts down on the stock the reseller has keep and saves on warehousing costs.

Basically drop shipping means for a small outlay I can run a on line store with a huge range of items without the hassle of holding, storing and delivering stock. I am able to use pictures and product descriptions to populate my site directly from the drop shippers sites which also saves a lot of hassle. The customer orders directly from my site when they make a payment I take my mark up and order the goods from the drop shipper and generally my involvement ends there. the drop shipping company deal with delivery and packaging which can be customised to reflect my brand. So basically I am acting as a middle man. As I am developing the business so I do not expect to earn an income straight away but I will be working in the expectation of a income eventually, any profit early on would be eaten up by expenses.

There's no point in being part time self employed. You won't get the benefits of proper self-employment (legalized tax avoidance) and you won't get unemployment benefits. And with the new UC rules, you won't get WTC either.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

• 1 month later...

Went to sign on last week and was told the electronic signing had crashed the system country wide so we would not be using it.

They then proceeded to tell me how all this is the fault of the bankers and the wrong people were being made to pay for their mistakes with sanctions and unfair cuts in the welfare system which threw me back a little so I presume bad day at the office.

When I asked if I need to sign anything I was told there is no need I have seen your here and that was that I left and got my money as usual.

Surely if the government want to save money then eliminating wet or electronic signing would simplify the process and save money they can do it last week no problem why not every week.