Vehicle Control Services Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

As the RK of the vehicle in question I've received the attached VTS PCN. I'd be grateful for any advice on a response.

Specific questions are :-

1. There is no mention of POPLA

2. The second to last paragraph seems to say that in the event of the RK not paying up or naming the driver they may pursue the RK based on an assumption that the RK was the driver.

3. On the back, their appeals seem to go through something called the IAS (Independant Appeals Service). They seem to be members of the IPC (Independent Parking Commitee). Both these organisations appear to share the same address in Knutsford as a firm called Gladstones Solicitors?

4. The last part at the bottom of the back, Notification of Driver/Hirer/Keeper has three tick boxes but none to confirm just the RK. To tick the first box suggests the signatory was not the driver.

5. Finally, there is no note of any financial loss. How would I ask this specific question in any response.

Thanks for any help.

Hammy

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Looking on gstreet that is a dead end? Where it looks like another phase of the development will in time be built.

As VCS are members of the IPC then of course there is no POPLA.

IPC AOS members are supposedly following the contractual charge route of parking charge notices, but they have no idea as to what that means.

The NTK contradicts its self by claiming a breach of the terms and conditions, then stating the driver agreed to contractually be bound by...

Where is the signage?

They can assume all they like, but that does not mean the RK was the driver.

As RK you have no obligation to name the driver at the time of the event.

Simple appeal to VCS , by RK, denying liability for the charge and that they were not the driver at the time of the event.

VCS are not using Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012 so there is no keeper liability...

• 5 months later...
Youd better not pay them a penny!!!

I'm sure I'll get flamed a lot for saying this, but why not. Everybody, including me hates the way these companies operate but they have cornered an empty section of a money making market that was crying out to be filled.

I got caught at a retail park, parked to eat a KFC on a no stop private road and I was pictured, Chicken in hand under a massive no-parking sign which I had not seen. Bang to rights, parked where i should not have been.

Angry at being caught, I started a war of words and semantics with the Parking Company (not part of POPLA) , the retailer, a KFC franchise where no-one spoke English and a London based land agent who couldn't care less.

I spent too much time being angry and stressed at it all, so I paid up and made sure all involved know that I won't be shopping there again.

Now I'm not stressed or angry about it at all.

However much you dislike it, or how morally wrong you think it is, you failed to observe the time-limit and took another motorists word that it was three hours which is wrong because it is 45mins

For me it wasn't worth the time, stress and agro of the fight and I think it's just as bad for forum members to threaten you if you do pay.

Move on, don't shop there again.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

I'm sure I'll get flamed a lot for saying this, but why not. Everybody, including me hates the way these companies operate but they have cornered an empty section of a money making market that was crying out to be filled.

I got caught at a retail park, parked to eat a KFC on a no stop private road and I was pictured, Chicken in hand under a massive no-parking sign which I had not seen. Bang to rights, parked where i should not have been.

Angry at being caught, I started a war of words and semantics with the Parking Company (not part of POPLA) , the retailer, a KFC franchise where no-one spoke English and a London based land agent who couldn't care less.

I spent too much time being angry and stressed at it all, so I paid up and made sure all involved know that I won't be shopping there again.

Now I'm not stressed or angry about it at all.

However much you dislike it, or how morally wrong you think it is, you failed to observe the time-limit and took another motorists word that it was three hours which is wrong because it is 45mins

For me it wasn't worth the time, stress and agro of the fight and I think it's just as bad for forum members to threaten you if you do pay.

Move on, don't shop there again.

H

:lol:

Should have came here for the correct way to deal with these invoices.

I did, check my posts, two replies then stunned silence........................................................................

More productive things to do with my time.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

I did, check my posts, two replies then stunned silence........................................................................

More productive things to do with my time.

H

Put a link up please.....

More productive things to do with my time than search your post history.

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Touche'.... ??

One reply from myself.

And it told you all you needed to do.

You didn't respond to the reply did you?

We are now in danger of hijacking this thread.

touché

tuːˈʃeɪ/

exclamation

(in fencing) used as an acknowledgement of a hit by one's opponent.

used as an acknowledgement during a discussion of a good or clever point made at one's expense by another person.

I didn't respond to your post, I paid the PCN, as in my previous post, which is relevant to this thread because I feel the OP should pay hers too, stop being angry about it and move on. Life is too short.

I'm probably the only person who thinks this is a good way to a quiet life though and I fully understand that.

H

GARUDALINUX.ORG

posts moved

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

touché

tuːˈʃeɪ/

exclamation

(in fencing) used as an acknowledgement of a hit by one's opponent.

used as an acknowledgement during a discussion of a good or clever point made at one's expense by another person.

Ha Ha! I deal with this company weekly ' Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited' , and clearly misread touche'! My bad.

I didn't respond to your post, I paid the PCN, as in my previous post, which is relevant to this thread because I feel the OP should pay hers too, stop being angry about it and move on. Life is too short.

I'm probably the only person who thinks this is a good way to a quiet life though and I fully understand that.

H

Everything you have said is contradictory and wrong. You came to this forum asking advice, totally ignored it when it would have resolved your situation, and now you are asking another OP to ignore all other advice but listen to you...

tsk.gif

• Haha 1