shoplifting primark scotland| Police called, **UPDATE Clean CRB Clean visa check**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi afteradvice1, I had a similar situation re the Divertion meeting with social worker. A few weeks after meeting the Procurator Fiscal wrote to me giving me a warning for the offence.

The letter says "if you accept this warning or if you are deemed to have accepted it, I shall not prosecute you for the offence.

The warning is not a conviction and shall not be recorded as one. Any alleged victim may be entitled to be notified of the disposal of the case against you.

Information about this warning will however be recorded on the Scottish Criminal History System and will remain on the system for two years. This will be used to help inform future police or prosecution decisions if you offend again and it will be disclosable under 'enhanced disclosure' in terms of Part V of the Police Act 1997 during this time."

My understanding (although might not be accurate) is that it may be disclosed in the 'Other relevant information' section of Enhanced Disclosures and PVG checks. From reading on the Disclosure Scotland site this info is included at the discretion of the Police Superintendent.

I know this might not be the same outcome for you but I thought I would share my experience.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks peggysue, I'll quote excerpts from my letter.

" I am writing to let you know that the PF has now considered your case and is satisfied that no further proceedings are required. This in effect means that your case is finished and will not result in a conviction being recorded against you."

It appears we had different outcomes. I'm just unsure if this means there will be no hits on a check.

I'm afraid so. I've tried contacting the department of social justice but my case worker is away on holiday. It didn't occur to me to contact DBS. Thanks, would do that.

I've made a small donation to the forum. Thanks you al for your help and I'll keep you updated.

see how that goes

if all fails, and havent received anything, then could consider doing a sar see if there is anything on their pnc etc records.

• 6 months later...

Hello all, I'm here to update as promised.

Im so grateful to you all for the advice and support you gave me at what I consider the lowest point of my life.

As I posted last year,

I spoke to my Dr who placed me on antidepressants and I'm kicking myself for not getting help sooner.

I feel a lot better now and I'm beginning to forgive myself.

Went back to work in the financial sector last October.

I didn't disclose the diversion as I called the police information line and was told it would not come up in a crb check

Needless to say my check came back clean!

I renewed my work permit this year and that went fine as well.

And finally I requested a police report for immigration purpose and this came back with no live trace!

I am so grateful what happened was seen as our of character

and I will not have to live with the consequences forever.

I'm yet to hear from RLP but I honestly can't be a***d about them.

If there's anyone in this position reading my post,

don't hesitate to ask me questions,

I will definitely respond since I've walked in same shoes.

Thank you all once more!

hey that's great news and as we expected.

not be a good boy:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:lol:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Many thanks for coming back to let us know how things have turned out. I am so pleased for you that everything is working out. I will certainly link to your thread in the future if a similar situation happens to someone else.

You got the right help that was needed and the Scottish system should be copied elsewhere. Well done :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Excellent news, what a great way to start the weekend!

Really really chuffed you are back on your feet, well done, :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

That is fabulous news, so happy for you, and glad you are back on track. I'm still waiting to hear about my situation, no procurator fiscal letter and every day it's constantly on my mind. You outcome has given me hope as I have been terrified to apply for any jobs. As you say, really is the lowest point of your life! Thank you for the updste.