RLP and Boots, now offering discounts to settle!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

My daughter who is 18 had a moment of stupidity in January and decided it would be ok to shoplift a mascara from Boots.

She was accosted by the security guy on leaving the store,

taken back inside,

her details were taken

was given the option of them either calling the police or agreeing to be contacted by RLP

- she was terrified out of her wits as she suffers from acute anxiety problems, and agreed to the RLP route.

The guard copied her student ID details and took her phone number and our address.

They asked her to empty her bag which she did immediately and returned the mascara which was worth about £10.

Since then she received three letters from RLP that I have already seen as standard on this group

(and I am most grateful for all the advice I have already seen on here about similar incidents)

I have told her not to reply.

They first demanded £155.49 as a "contribution" towards Boots' losses - which as far as I can see do not exist.

They also managed to spell her name completely wrongly although since they had her student ID photocopied I don't understand how!

She has now received a 4th letter attached offering her a settlement of £108.84

- again, I have told her not to respond.

Is this one of the letters you have already seen for something like this?

Thanks very much for all your help.

blimey silly Jackie offering a discount now eh?

whatever next...clubcard points if you pay up?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

10p off a litre of fuel as well as clubcard points....

You would've thought by now that the security staff (and I use that term very loosely) would know by now that

RLP are completely powerless to demand anything from anyone, and the stores who use RLP are wasting their money?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi again and thanks for starting your thread.

No doubt the next letter will be from BPO collections who have even less power than RLP. In their letter they never say 'debt' (because it ain't) but they will say something along the lines of ' We understand the liability is not disputed'. yes it ruddy well is or they wouldn't be chasing :roll:

I am also glad your daughter has such good parents as she would have been panicking otherwise.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Desperate times call for desperate measures!

10p off a litre of fuel as well as clubcard points....

You would've thought by now that the security staff (and I use that term very loosely) would know by now that

RLP are completely powerless to demand anything from anyone, and the stores who use RLP are wasting their money?

I wonder if the retailers ever get sight of the leaflet that the store security hand out which is full of misleading information. If not, then they should be alerted as to the actions of their agents who are acting on instruction of the stores (making them liable for their agents actions)

More likely is the stores bury their heads and go Lah Lah Lah

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I wonder if the retailers ever get sight of the leaflet that the store security hand out which is full of misleading information. If not, then they should be alerted as to the actions of their agents who are acting on instruction of the stores (making them liable for their agents actions)

More likely is the stores bury their heads and go Lah Lah Lah

Good point, I've just commented on another thread where a mother was caught taking baby clothes for her 2 month old, and she said that she was handed a note from Primarni regarding civil recovery, might see if she can post it up.....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hi again

thanks to everyone for your comments. She is still panicking each time a letter comes through, but what you all say makes such good sense - and in any case she will be going off to university in september so hopefully she won't see too many more of them. When I get any more letters I'll post them here for you to see. Have you not seen an example of the one I just posted before offering a discount?

LucyP

A Retailer v Ms B and Ms K Approved Judgment 09.05.12.pdfI would strap your daughter to a chair in front of the PC and go through the many, many threads here.

If she wants more proof.

A Retailer v Ms B and Ms K Approved Judgment 09.05.12.pdf[ATTACH]57059[/ATTACH]

These show just how much power RLP have. One is the short judgement, the other is the full jobby

Haha, yes I know. I read those and they were very persuasive when I was in two minds about what to do for the best. I trawled through many of the threads on here when I saw the first letter because I have no legal expertise at all and I didn't know who RLP were. I was left in no doubt about what to do!

I would go with option 3 on that letter IE make an alternative proposal

But the mods would mod my proposal:madgrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I would go with option 3 on that letter IE make an alternative proposal

But the mods would mod my proposal:madgrin:

I think my alternative proposal is similar to yours. Does it end in off? :madgrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Keep ignoring

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I know I have to wear glasses but even with them on, that image is small :oops:

Can you please convert it to a pdf if possible

follow the upload

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh the debt collection letter...

we are sending it to [prob] BPO collections

but as theres no actual 'debt'

and no dca has any legal powers whatsoever

as they are not bailiffs

we nor they can actually do bugger all bar send more scary letters:lol:

dx

and they

OK

1) Legal defence to our client's claim:

What claim? No evidence of costs have been submitted, therefore there is no claim

Also its their "Clients" claim, therefore you do not have to talk to them at all

Recovering payments in undisputed claims.? There is no claim.

Let them transfer it. They cannot take you to court either.

Only Boots can take you to court, and they cannot prove their claim as all expenses are covered and worked into their profit margins, hence no losses and NO CLAIM

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I have to agree with my esteemed colleague :lol:

The letter from BPO will state that 'we understand the liability is not disputed' Well, logic would dictate that if the liability was not disputed, there would be no involvement with BPO.

Of course it's disputed but BPO also stick their fingers in their ears and go lah lah lah.

They have no power whatsoever and you will receive two or sometimes 3 letters from them before they send it back to RLP who will then recommend to their client to take action.

The end!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Next instalment....a letter from County Collections Limited (attached). They've also texted my daughter saying they've been trying to contact her urgently - though the text arrived after the letter. I guess the advice is still ignore it, but would welcome your views please.

All best wishes

Lucy

Ignore EVERYTHING.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ofcourse

ignre

can you PDF the letter please for our records

dx

and they