UKIP would scrap 'tampon tax'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UKIP has been outlining policies to appeal to women voters. Along with committing to current maternity rights and cutting the cost of childcare, UKIP would like to see VAT - currently 5% - removed from sanitary products. UKIP's head of policy Suzanne Evans told a press conference: "You might grin at this one but it's something that I feel very strongly about."

She blamed the European Union for classifying sanitary products as non-essential luxury item, adding: "This shows not only how ridiculous EU legislation is, but how very wrong it is that we've given our tax sovereignty over to a bunch of faceless - and mostly male - EU Commissioners who simply don't understand real life, let alone real life for women.”

Edited by Conniff

Bloody EU rules ! Countries within the EU can only zero rate or charge 5% on a small selection of products. VAT needs to be reformed, but it would be very difficult, as the EU would need to consent to the changes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well I would agree that only a man could have made that decision. Of all the stupid things the EU has done, surely this must top them all.

Don't forget the bananas not of a certain curvature that cannot be sold in EU.

EU politicians have a competition on who comes up with the most outrageous legislation and get away with it.

Bloody EU rules !.

Was that a deliberate pun? :-)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It won't be long befor they have blood on there hands

I can't find a smiley which says *Groan*

In a previous life, I was a fitter for Tampax :bolt:

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Was that a deliberate pun? :-)

Yes. I thought it fitted the story.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well that news story plugs a giant hole

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Well that news story plugs a giant hole

And you would know this how?? :|