Autorenewal nightmare - Hastings no reply

Ari789
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a car insurance policy with Hastings last year. It came up for renewal so naturally I compared prices and found a cheaper policy with Axa.

Everything went through fine with axa so I thought nothing of it until I received an automatic email from Hastings congratulating me on renewing - Help!!

I pay yearly and am on a tight budget so immediately emailed Hastings to report the error, with evidence of my new policy. The next day I go into my bank and find that Hastings have already reserved the money - which I can't cancel.

I arrive home to find the FULL YEARLY AMOUNT over £500 has come out of my account. This takes me massively overdrawn as I have just paid almost the same amount again for my new insurance policy with axa.

So now I am paying interest on my overdraft, have no money for food or to buy petrol to get myself to work..........and no reply to my emails from Hastings! Seems a little too convenient that they would ignore the fact I have chosen I different company when a whole year's premium is tempting them!

Can anybody help resolve this quickly?

Thanks

Hi.

Thanks very much for letting us know about your issue - we can certainly put the policy right for you. If you call us on our free line (0800 0354790 or 0333 3219790 from mobiles) we'll immediately cancel the policy and refund the amount. To give you a bit of an explanation - we send you our new quote 28 days before the renewal date which explains the auto-renew process and gives you all you need to cancel or accept it. We do this to ensure any customers who may forget or be unable to renew do not fall foul of the Continuous Insurance Enforcement act which can fine up to £1000 or impound the car if it is uninsured. I hope this is helpful, we can explain further if you have any more questions when you call of course.

Kind regards,

Joe