Hoist/cohen claimform - santander Credit Card 'debt' fast track Allocation?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya I sent in the N181 recorded delivery to the court where you have to sign at the other end they said they never received it but I had the proof - so I uploaded another copy to Northampton then today we have received a N271 notice of transfer of proceedings for allocation what does this mean now?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Next will be the Notice of Allocation that you receive Molley...read this carefully for the directions...as there will be actions that you must take and comply with by the dates stated.

Post if you are unsure of anything...don't just skim read and then forget it.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya We have just received a letter from Hoist saying the following "We acknowledge receipt of your Defence dated 22 Feb 2015. We note your allegation that you have not made a payment within six years and you reference s.5 of the limitation act 1980 which for the avoidance of doubt dictations:- An action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued. however we must advise that the last payment received on your account was £264.05 on the 27th April 2009, within the past six years and the debt claimed in these proceedings is therefore not statute barred. Therefore, we now formally invite you to withdraw your Defence in writing and furnish us with your proposals to discharge the sums owing in this matter. We reserve the right to exhibit this correspondence to the Court should you fail to withdraw your Defence." How should I reply please ????

The date on the claim form was 19th Feb 2015.

we must advise that the last payment received on your account was £264.05 on the 27th April 2009

Did you make that payment? Can you prove otherwise?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Then they are correct....its not statute barred.That is why we specifically warn every poster to be 1000% sure of the last payment/acknowledgment before advising to use the statute barred defence.In this case Molley...you had already submitted it and only started your thread from allocation onwards.

Regards

Andy

Its a case of damage limitations now....considering that this is in the Fast Track.They have asked for you to withdraw your defence and for your proposals on how you intend to discharge the debt.

I would be contacting the solicitor and proposing settlement by way of a Tomlin Order...dont offer to withdraw the defence...its not required if you can settle by Tomlin.

I assume that you would not be in a position to settle in full payment and therefore you must request a monthly payment plan.Tomlin Orders can be drafted to encompass this and avoid a CCJ and even costs...subject to your negotiations skills.

Regards

Andy

Given that we have no history of the debt or lead up to the claim...I assume that you made a request for this agreement (being pre 2007)...have they ever complied or have you never requested it?

Will a Tomlin order be the best way forward in this case Andy I've never hear of one before, what dose it entail??

Take a read of the following thread...it details how a Tomlin Order is drafted and successfully agreed.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?380935-Claim-Form-DLC-Hillies-old-MBNA-credit-card-***-Settled-by-Tomlin-Order***/page16

That depends on how good your negotiation skills are and how desperate they are to resolve it without throwing further money at it to proceed.:wink:

Haven't we already discussed all that from post #41 above onwards? Why would you need a Solicitor?