style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1948 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good afternoon! its been a while since i posted on here!

I have recently received a speeding ticket for doing 68mph on a dual carriageway. i know the limit is 70mph for a car but as i was in a van i was unaware of the limit change.

my question is:

I have recently returned to the place in which i was photographed speeding, it was a mobile van on a bridge crossing the A64 in north yorkshire, i have noticed that there is not a single speed camera warning sign for miles and miles and miles before or after that bridge. infact, i cannot recall seeing one anywhere within 12 miles of the bridge,

Where do i stand with this? is it worthy of an appeal?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

happy Tuesday everyone!

Gee

What type of Van where you driving at the time..?

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

There is nothing in law that states that any speed camera device whether fixed or mobile must be marked in any way, signed or at a particular position. There are Codes of practice and best practice guides that are set by police forces themselves but these are policies rather than law.

Vans i.e. Commercial vehicle not exceeding 7.5 tonnes speed limit on Dual Carriageways is 60 mph

Vans i.e. Commercial vehicle not exceeding 7.5 tonnes speed limit on Dual Carriageways is 60 mph

Correct !!

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

There's no requirement whatsoever for speed camera warning signs. Some forces put them up, some don't, some do at some sites but not others.