Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

my father is just coming out of hospital yet again and it looks like he will require some 'social care' which the phsio said my parents would have to have a financial assessment done . they have currentl;y £50K in savings and my mother is going to have two large amounts coming in soon one for a enhanced redundancy and a lump sum for her pension . My question is the assesmenty done on the whole amount or just his half of the £50k . Also wuld the other twp amounts that would come in ir her reduncy and pension be protected .

Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of questions for you:


  1. Do your parents own their own house and/or other properties ?
  2. (this one is important) Has a clinical assessment of your father's care needs been conducted ?

If Social Services are doing a financial assessment before the clinical needs have been assessed, they are failing to follow correct procedure.


I would have expected any redundancy payments and pension to be in your mother's name, so shouldn't be taken in to account. But as these funds are not in the bank, they shouldn't count anyway (might be worth her while looking at investing these sums in her own name only). And in answer to your other question, only 50% of joint assets & savings should be used in any financial assessment.





No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Rente dproperty

2. they are doing it as we speak .



Another bit of info is all the income my father has is his pension since he was medically retired early from his job so for the last 10 years that's his income

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

: postmn:


The Care Act 2014, which came partially into force from 1 April 15 makes it clear that couples/partners must be assessed on their individual needs and individual finances. A wife's savings can't be used to finance her husband's care. Joint assets should be divided.




You need factsheet FS46: Paying for care and support at home.




Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...