only 9 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi ,

i'm new so i apologize if this is in the wrong place ,

basically i bought a brand new car on hire purchase/pcp through a main dealer roughly 9 months ago , in the 9 months ive not had a single problem with the car mechanically up until 24/03/15 ( 2 weeks ) when it suddenly broke down on the way home from work , the dealer has had my car since the 24/03/15 , for the first week it was in they couldn't find the fault in order to get it running again , on the 02/04/15 they tried replacing the PCM saying it should be up and running by the end of the day but nothing it just won't start , they said the diagnostics are coming back ok but it just wont start/turnover !!!!

this is the beginning of the 3rd week , ive just been down to speak to them , i got told that they are in talks with head office about what they are going to do etc

i'd just like a bit of advice on where i stand on the matter , my partner and i are a bit in 2 minds about trusting the car again if they ever get it running , do i have to take a replacement or can i reject their offer and get the contract canceled

any advice would be great

Edited by fingerz

Whatever settlement was agreed would have to take account of the nine months use you've had out of the car. In other words it would be reasonable for them to require you to accept a reduction in the purchase price or replacement price to reflect the fact that you have had nine months trouble-free motoring out of the car.

It will probably be the least complicated if you are prepared to accept a replacement – that if you really don't want to then if they're not able to discover the fault put it right then you would be entitled to a refund – less nine months motoring

thanks for the replies ........ i'm still waiting for them to get back to me , i think its going to end in a replacement , would i be entitled to an alternative model of car ..... ?

the car will not start , there's lights on the dash etc but nothing else , when the AA did road side diagnostics he said he couldnt understand it as it was not showing a specific fault , i'm guessing the dealer is getting the same problem ..... ?

A diagnostic check may not necessarily show up a fault. For example, if you fill the fuel tank with water, the car would obviously not start, but a diagnostic check may not show a fault in the ECU. The AA Patrol will have given you a breakdown report, what was written on that ?

yeah billys mate thats what i was thinking , an easy fix , had a phone call off them to day saying its up and running ..... !!!! ..... we'll see

i was going to take it to a different garage but my thinking was the people who actually make the the should be able to fix it