58mph in a 50mph - i'm an idiot I know, but any idea of the fine?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, I know I was in the wrong, I have not had a speeding ticket in over 10 years, I am normally very observant of the speed limits.

Can anyone advise if I might be offred the speed awareness course of if not what the fine and points would be for this?

Many thanks

Edited by dx100uk
zip file jpg rotated and converted to pdf - dx

Hi - I was caught on the Kent side of the crossing - again in a 50mph limit but doing 62mph and I was offered the speed awareness course. It was a no-brainer really - the fine is £100 with 3 points or the SAC cost £85 with no points and no need to declare to your insurer. I have just seen that Essex SACs are £100 so they have brought theirs into line with the fixed penalty amount, but you still don't have the issue of points.

Court cases are for those caught doing more than 25mph over the limit or where you are looking at a possible ban under the totting up rules.

Although the 'rules' for eligibility don't seem to be published (I think the ACPO recommendation is around 10% plus 9mph over), so I think you are highly likely to be offered the SAC as you have no speeding convictions in the last three years

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

10%+2 is the ACPO guideline for enforcement.

I've not heard of the 10%+9 figure, but it seems about right for a summons to court rather than a FPN (10%+9 would be 64 (in a 50) so anything above that and you'll be needing your suit)

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Although the 'rules' for eligibility don't seem to be published (I think the ACPO recommendation is around 10% plus 9mph over), so I think you are highly likely to be offered the SAC as you have nospeeding convictions in the last three years

They have been published. Can't find the actual document right now because ACPO has just been replaced by NPCC whose website is atrocious, but the key section is to be found here, among other places

http://www.richardsilver.co.uk/motoring-offences/speeding/

Scroll down to ACPO Speed Emforcememt table.

Note that whether or not you're offered a course depends entirely on your speed, and whether or not you've done a course previously in the last 3 years. Previous convictions, or lack of them, don't matter.

There is also a BBC link here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13022347

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I wonder if you could argue that, with such a narrow margin, 57, your indicated speed, itself not perfect, will be affected by the tyre pressure. (i.e. the indicated speed will depend on the diameter of the wheel and hence tyre pressure).

Sadly not, it is your responsibility to make sure your vehicle is road worthy and this includes having the tyres at the correct pressures.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.