Issue with Three

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a letter dated 31st March 2015 to Three in Glasgow to cancel my mobile BB stating the following;

Although we have contacted Three by phone and advised of cancellation of the above account, cancellation has been refused. Please ensure that the above account is cancelled when it expires at the end of the current contract which is on the 5th May 2015 otherwise I will have no choice except to escalate the issue to the Ombudsman.

By return snail mail also I received the following;

Thanks for writing to us. We tried to call you, but could not get through. (A lie as we never supplied a phone number)

We've taken a look at your query and that we'd like to speak to you about. Please call us free on 333 from your Three mobile or 0333 3003 333 from another phone (standard call rate applies) Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm and Saturday to Sunday 9am to 8pm.

IMHO I have done everything necessary to cancel the contract and see no reason why I should be phoning Three to tell them I want to cancel. I still have a DD set up and normal debit date is ab out 27th of the month.

Should I cancel the DD to get some reaction from them? We have a clean credit record and do not want three theatening us or putting a black mark on my record.

I never thought it would be such a hassle to cancel a contract! :evil:

If the contract term has expired and you have given the required notice and you are sure you will no longer be using them, then yes, cancel the dd.

They probably want to talk to you to offer you a reduced tariff etc and try and hang onto you as a paying customer.

Hi

I bet Three will come back and say you didn't cancel 30 days before the end of your contract. The terms and conditions say you must give them 30 days notice, nothing about more than 30 days notice.

You have sent a letter, they have responded. That should be the end of the matter but I suspect it won't be.

If you are fully paid up and do not owe any extra for going over the data limit, then cancel your DD.

The issue is the potential for black marks on your credit file.

If you can record any call to them, why not ring them? That would tie them in knots if they ever tried to deny you cancelled.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I just spent nearly half an hour on the phone cancelling the account. I was put on hold on two occasions and left hanging while they processed the cancellation. They have now told me the account will be terminated on the 5th and that my account will be debited for the same amount on 27th April? I gave up at that point and put down the phone. There may be a small amount to pay as it is £5.49 per month, but not the full amount. However it is a small price to pay to get rid of these incompetent, bumbling sadists!