does insurance cover?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My Son has gone away for weekend, driven through a ford. Water has gone into exhaust and car cut out.

He got pushed out and managed to restart engine, let it run for about 5 mins to blow any water out but suddenly

The airbags have deployed and broken windscreen and hurt his arm. He will call AA in morning to get him and car home.

My question is.... will his insurance cover this. He has fully comp.

It would be an own fault accident claim, so he needs to speak to his Insurers and they will advise him what he needs to do. It is all part of the same claim, replacing the airbags and replacing the windscreen. The Insurers may want the car taken to one of their authorised repair centres, where they will do all of the work. If he tries to make his own arrangement it could end up costing him more, because the Insurers may pay what it would have cost them for the work. Also using the authorised repairers or getting the Insurers to sort out the work may make it easier.

Main thing is, he needs to speak to his Insurers and follow what they advise.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It should generally be covered, though there are one or two insurers at the cheaper end of the market (Admiral spring to mind) have a clause which says that they won't pay for any additional damage that you cause by attempting to keep driving after an accident. Not sure whether it would apply here, but if his policy does have such a clause I can see a possibility that they might argue that the original accident was the driving through the ford and flooding the engine, and thus the additional damage might not be covered. He should check his policy to see if there's a clause like that in it, and if so be ready to have that argument.