style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I have been living in rented house for just over 3 years.

Property was advertised as unfurnished £650 or part furnished £700.

When I took on the letting I took it on as unfurnished and pay the said rent.

When I moved in however there was a large leather sofa and some dining chairs and I asked when they would be removed. Agents said they would get in touch with owner and but in meantime they moved chairs into loft.

Owner came to collect the chairs a few months later but in meantime I had requested removal of sofa as I had dining table etc delivered so had to move landlords sofa into another room. I have now bought sofa bed for that room and gave agents notice again that the landlords sofa needs to be removed ....this was 2 weeks ago when I ordered it.

Sofa bed has now been delivered and is crammed into living room because after 2 weeks of constant calls to agents (cant contact landlord, didnt get message etc) they have now said sorry landlord had no room and wont pay storage so.....tough Ahhhh Oh and they didnt have courage to tell me this in person just sent email at 12 noon today ...when they close and not open until Tuesday.

I love the house and in the years I have lived here I have never complained always paid rent on time but this is sooo stressing me out as i now have a conservatory that I cant use as dining room because that sofa is crammed in there.

Can I insist that he removes it.

It is coming up to summer(hopefully good weather ) and I cannot even get into conservatory .

Many thanks for any advice you can give

So have you been paying unfurnished or part-furnished rent from start of T?

Which now unwanted items were included on move-in inventory?

There is no clear definition of 'part furnished' though 'unfurnished' may include bed frames and 'white goods' eg wsashing m/c.

NEGOTIATE acceptable solution with LL., we don't all have horns and a forked tail, but do expect T's to comply with AST, Statute and Case Law, as do T's & LLs.

Hi thanks for the reply.

The property was rented as unfurnished and the sofa is not on the inventory.

When i moved in I asked for the sofa to be removed and agents said landlord would arrange this.

As i have bought new furniture ie dining suite I have continued to ask for the sofa to be removed and requests are just ignored.

Now i have absolutely no space and have had to squash it in conservatory which is used as dining room and which i now cannot use at all.

It is unacceptable that i am paying a lot of rent and having to store LL sofa because he has admitted he has no room for it and wont pay for it to be stored.

I have no direct access to landlord as I rent through agency who have said tough!!!!

It is taking up your space, which you are paying for!

so it would be reasonable to charge storage fees! for it.

Of course you don't want to do this, so unless you want to run the risk of getting a section S21 notice you may just have to live with it!

Speak to LL direct if you can and get them to remove it, sell it or dispose of. lots of charities will collect it if in ok condition.

or you could buy it then get rid of it? how much is it worth £25? job done.

I have had this happen at my last property. The LL had a houseful of furniture, some of which had seen better days.

I like you had all my own furniture, so I asked the LL* if I could donate the "better" items to a Charity & I would get rid of anything else to the tip.

My LL agreed to this as he did not have to get involved with moving the items etc.

*My Tenancy was also through an LA but I contacted the LL myself.

Its worth asking your LL if you could do the same.

Hopefully this will resolve the situation, Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

*Just* make sure you get any permission to dispose/store in writing to prevent future misunderstandings

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I know mate... I was just playing devils advocate.. but it may be an argument that he can use to get something done quicker?

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

• 11 months later...

Hi again . I know this thread is 12 months on and I am still in same position......but bit worse.

Sofa still there, now no access to loft as ladder has come off rails so Xmas trees etc are in conservatory with.....LL sofa :x Once a week calls to agent who will "sort it"

can anyone advise is i can:-

1. Give notice that I will get someone to fix loft and pay and deduct from rent

2. Give notice that if LL does not arrange collection of sofa within specified time that I will get rid of (charity etc)

I know I have given them loads of time :smile:but now they are taking the "P" I pay a lot for the house which I love, great area etc, and they know how good a tenant I am. Many thanks :-)

Provided none of the LL furniture appears on the move in Inventory. and therefore needs to be present in property when you vacate, I think you can send 14 day LBA, to' AST address for Service of Notices listing all LL items which are surplus to your requirements and state that "if not collected, you will dispose of them after 14days and any costs involved will be deducted from future rent, or any profit realised will be retained for storage to date & PS the loft ladder needs repairing".

Are you sure loft/attic is part of the demised property as it is not a residential space? Be careful anyway if not at least partly boarded, foot etc through ceiling would be T damage.

Many thanks.

The sofa is not part of the inventory and in fact when I moved in the landlord asked if I would mind storing some furniture for a while (he left also 6 dining table chairs which he eventually put in the attic and then collected)

The attic is fully boarded with electricity and shelves for storage and the agents keep telling me that they have asked repair man to contact me to sort out a time to come round and they will get on to him again (this has been their excuse since before xmas !!