mis-sold car from Land Rover Dealer

leshill
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Six weeks ago i was in the market for a new car and havinf decided to spend $30,000 plus I decided to limit my searches to main dealer outlets. I had decided to purchase the new Range Rover Evoque SD Prestige as this had all the bits I wanted and the power I needed.

I went on Land Rovers web site and found a car that had all the bits I wanted and the power I needed and went down to the dealership to strike the deal.

The online advert (I have the original copy) said the car was a SD prestigae with 190 BHP. The car check came back and confirmed the car was the one described .

I made the purchase with a deposit on y credit card and the remainder via a bank loan. I also traded in the car I owned for £10,000.

Six weeks later and not very happy with the cars performance I returned tha car to Land Rover to have some paint work repaired which was agreed at the point of sale. I also mentioned to the salesman that i thought the car was not running well because it didn't seem to have the power it should have.

I was given a loan car which was identical to mine and I noticed within minutes that when drove this car performed much better. From the car (using handsfree kit of course) I called the salesman and asked him again to check my car out because there was clearly something not right. he said he would get an engineer to go for a run with me when i picked it up.

I picked the car back up today and this was when the salesman said to me that the car I had loaned was a much more powerfull engine and that it was 190bhp. I said the car I had bought was 190 bhp but the saleman said it was not and that it was a 150bhp. Further more the saleman said the car was not the SD version but the TD. i said I would check all my facts and come back to them.

I checked the logbook which arrived a week ago and found it says the car is a SD prestigate but a 150 bhp engine. I checked my invoice and it said that the car was a SD Prestige. I checked the print off from the Land Rover web site I tuck when i went down to buy the car and it says its a SD Prestigae 190 BHP.

The car its self at the rear says its a TD4 which one the LR web site says its a 150 BHP engine.

I'm now left with a car I have paid over the odds for which does not have the power I wanted.

I explained when i went into the delaers that i wanted a more powerful care than the one I had which was a 160 BHP engine so they should have known this was not right for me.

I have asked Land Rover to look into the issue and i await there reply.

Can anybody please give me some advice as to what I can do?

If you find hard evidence that you ordered a 190bhp you should be able to reject the car.

Otherwise you can have it mapped and gain some hp.

150bhp for a 2 tonne beast doesn't sound much, but on uk roads you can only go up to speed limits, so even a 3 wheeler is sufficient

I have the original print out from the web site that shows the car as having 190 bhp. I aslo mentioned to the saleman that i need more power than my current freelander which was rated at 167 bhp. It makes sense that I would not have gone for a 150 bhp vehicle I would have thought.

I have the original print out from the web site that shows the car as having 190 bhp. I aslo mentioned to the saleman that i need more power than my current freelander which was rated at 167 bhp. It makes sense that I would not have gone for a 150 bhp vehicle I would have thought.

But I suppose the actual contract doesn't mention the bhp.

You can't even trust a car dealer these days to know what they're selling 😁

I all,

Well I went down to the Land Rover dealers expecting to have a fight on my hands ready with a rejection letter for the car and the dealer just said there's been a mistake, the car was a British Forces export/import and when the car came back to the UK DVLA registered it incorrectly. I was offered a full refund of what was the original purchase price.

All sorted.

Hi

Well done to the Land rover dealer.

I think you should name the dealer that dealt with you as some praise should be highlighted for them.

We do see so many complaints about dealers so it would be nice to have a good one for a change.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE