Help...... Frustrated with HA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if in the right area so feel free to move :)

Ok so basically me and my family live in a HA property, we have been here for 4 years and 6 months, it is a flat in a purpose built block made up of 12 flats.

My complaint is.... Pets, our tenancy agreement refuses us to have any pets of any description without having written permission, in fact when we took on the property (which we had little choice to do because we were being evicted), we had to re-home our own dog because the HA said we could not take him with us, it was heart wrenching to have to do that, it really is like giving one of your kids away.

So anyway, now their is at least 3 flats from the 12 who have 1 or more dogs and another 1-2 flats who have a cat, I have complained to the Council and the HA about this as A. the noise echoes around and B. its against the tenancy agreement terms, Now we have a housing officer who i have managed to speak to ONCE in the 4+ years we have been here, i have sent her numerous (in excess of 15) emails throughout the 4+ years and never, not once had a response, The one time i did speak to her was about 9 months ago and she confirmed that NO FLAT in the block had written permission to have any animals of any kind, and she would get to work dealing with it. anyway, fast forward to now and has anything been done at all....... Nope.

It really is taking the **** how the HA know that at least 5 from 12 flats are breaking the terms of the tenancy agreement and have been for years, yet they do nothing about it. It makes me want to sue them for negligence.

Anyone any advice, can i sue them.

If they have a no pet rule, then they should abide by it and I understand your frustration at having to rehome your own pet when you moved into the property.

You are obviously aware that pets can be noisy as it is this is one of the points you are complaining about , however, be careful that you are not seen to be spiteful in your actions!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If they have a no pet rule, then they should abide by it and I understand your frustration at having to rehome your own pet when you moved into the property.

You are obviously aware that pets can be noisy as it is this is one of the points you are complaining about , however, be careful that you are not seen to be spiteful in your actions!

I don't believe i am the only person in the block to complain about the people with pets, i just find it amazing that the HA know exactly what flats have what pets and have done for years yet refuse to do anything about it, The noise/smell/principle of it is just wrong, feels like all us abiding tenants are being smacked in the face. I must be able to do something about it.

If others in the block have complained, why not get together and draft a joint complaint ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If others in the block have complained, why not get together and draft a joint complaint ?

Why does it need to be so difficult, is it not as simple as, oh look 15 emails (which are classed as registered post) all sent to the appropriate address all ignored yet acknowledged as received on 1 telephone call, The HA have known for years that 5 flats have pets against TA rules and do not have permission, yet have done nothing about it = Negligence.

the HA will have a board of directors or trustees so get a written complaint about the inaction of the association's staff rather than the issue of the pets itself. The Board wont be able to act directly with the latter but they can have people squirming in their chairs for ignoring complaints about important contractual matters.

Hi

From now do not phone the HA (unless you can record the call) put everything in writing. (keep copies and get proof of posting)

To access the properties above ground level is it just stair access or both stair and lift access?

You need to make a Formal Complaint to the HA in writing and ask for copies of the following:

1. Complaints Policy.

2. Pets Policy.

3. Customer Care Standards.

4 Blank copy of the HA latest Tenancy Agreement for your Properties (you want to see if the Tenancy Agreement has changed from the one you signed so compare them)

Also have a check of their website as these may be available to download.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group