Council changed parking restrictions and then issues a PCN without notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car is normally parked on a roadside with no restrictions. I parked the car on last Friday and there were no notices on the pole. On Sunday morning my car along with other 3 were picked and moved to another road and also given a PCN of £110 (discounted to £55). When i saw the proof online they had put the parking restriction cones and also stuck a new parking restriction notice on a pole not next to the car but one outside the parking zone.

Does the council not have a minimum period to inform the residents for the change of restrictions? Also there was no change of parking restriction notice anywhere.

The council is behaving like it can do whatever it wants however it pleases.

I have challenged the PCN but i am waiting for the response as to what their counter argument is?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Edited by s4vvys

That's usually for double yellow lines. Were these there when you parked your car or did they move your car in order to paint the DYL's?

What's the exact location?

The car was parked in a street without any lines at all (Yellow or Red).. There was nothing before or after.. The parking still is free to park to anyone.

So what did new parking restriction notice say?

Location?

The new notice said no loading (8AM - 6PM) no Parking (8am - 6pm) but its a temporary laminated kind of notice which is not even on the pole next to the car but outside the free parking zone. Its on a pole on a single yellow line. This notice is not there any longer.

If you type TW33UA in google maps..Its the parking on Hanworth Road opposite Alice way

Edited by s4vvys

Here:

https://goo.gl/maps/Y6Dln

The new notice said no loading (8AM - 6PM) no Parking (8am - 6pm) but its a temporary laminated kind of notice which is not even on the pole next to the car but outside the free parking zone. Its on a pole on a single yellow line.

This sounds like an advance notice of a restriction the council is proposing, invariably it will include a date when the restriction is due to come into force.

However, regardless of that, in order to enforce a restriction and pcn's the council must have markings in place which inform the motorist of the restrictions. They can't just put up a small notice and start enforcement.

If the council reject your informal representation, this would be a slam dunk at adjudication.

Take some current photos showing the lack of signage and lines

They also moved my car without my permission, gave me hell of scare and undue stress. I have taken pics and the ones on Google maps are the same as current.