£1000 tax bill for not filling out self assesment but admit didn't have to

huggy41
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has been plauge for 2 years now over a bill they said she owed .

They have now addmitted that she did not need to fill out a self assesment as she was on paye,

But say that she will still have to pay the £1000 fine even though she did not have to fill one out in the first place ,

This is sheer maddness can someone tell us where or who we can get involved to sort the mess out.

2 years of stress is taking it's toll

Please help.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

• 2 weeks later...

First things first

"They have now addmitted that she did not need to fill out a self assesment as she was on paye,"

WRT the above statement is this admission in the form of a letter or from a conversation on the phone.

If it is in the form of a officially headed letter then thats a good start, if it is not then the first thing

you should do is get that admission sent to you in the form of a letter. Unfortunately, phone calls

are very easily forgotten about, not written to file, or, simply lied that they did not in fact take place.

The members on here would pretty much say the same, Get everything in writing.

As I see it, she is being fined for not filling in a form that she did not have to fill in therefore, in the real world

the fine should not exist.

But, I think other people on here will give you some better advice wrt this.

HMRC are notorious for making errors and then blaming the taxpayer for 'not spotting the error'.

Tony Hetherington of the Daily Hate has run stories on this previously so you could read some of them to see what happened in those cases.

If a formal complaint hasn't gone in yet, I suspect that should be the next step

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE