Fun with amazon

shaggy717
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an ongoing dispute with Amazon, I have tried to resolve matters to the best of my ability.

I have serious health conditions that are covered by the Equality Act 2010.

My health conditions make it very hard to make decisions, I'm forgetful at times and I can't plan ahead.

Together, these factors make it difficult for me to carry out day-to-day activities.

Under the Equality Act 2010 I am defined as a 'disabled person'.

My health conditions are documented by my Doctor.

May I say thank you very kindly beforehand for taking the time to read this,

I live in Scotland and I'm severely dyslexic so excuse any grammar issues.

recently had a sale on Amazon where I bought a "SEIKI SE39UY01UK 39-Inch 4K Ultra HD LED TV with Freeview"

26 dec dispatched on the 28th

when it arrived it was broken,

looked like somebody had dropped it on a corner

when taking it out or off of something and the screen broke.

I've tried several times to return the item as well as make a detailed complaint,

I've tried to find out how to make a complaint to the company under the equality act of 2010.

I cannot seem to find any details.

Extensive details how to make payments, very little help on cancellations

and other services especially for those that are covered by the equality act 2010.

Telephonically several times I have tried to make it to a supervisor level in order to make a complaint never being allowed to.

I have explained to the customer service agents that I cannot pack all of the contents into one original box

and therefore have 2 to which the customer service agents have said yes

that would be fine but when the delivery agent came to pick up they refuse to take it.

The first delivery agent arrived after the allotted schedule time window made entry to the private stairwell and just left his card on my doorstep.

The next delivery agent arrived on time but very aggressively ordered me to pack the contents from the extra box into the original box.

To which I replied sorry I cannot"

he then turned squaring his chest up to mine clenched his right first

raised his left hand up and pointed at me and very aggressively and threateningly

told me not to talk to him like that.

To which I replied "leave now" I had to repeat this several times before he left.

I do not believe that it was mindfulness of his job that stopped him from carrying out an aggressive act,

but the fact that I have rehabilitated a very badly treated border collie who used to attack anybody that got too close.

My collie like myself having grown up in Johannesburg do not accept threatening and aggressive behavior of any kind off of anybody especially,

not those who are in employee and offering their services on my doorstep.

The one and only he should have said was "I'm sorry sir would you be kind enough to pack them into one box is only scheduled to take one box

and it's all I can take, or if you like you can contact Amazon and make the necessary arrangements

and I can come back another time thank you by"

I'm no expert, but being hired by Amazon makes them a representative of Amazon and

I seriously doubt Amazon allow their staff or representatives to behave in an aggressive

and threatening manner regardless of the circumstances.

I was not the first act aggressively.

I used to use Amazon on a fairly regular basis for books and goods, as well as services like TV and movie streaming,

the only thing I felt I could do was remove my card details as they even make it difficult to cancel subscribed services or even find information.

I really don't care about the £260

I don't want anybody on my doorstep from this company again,

but I do want them to accept that they failed to meet their obligations under the 2010 equality act.

I will never use their service again but I have taken the time to find some of their more sinister business dealings

and will do my best whenever I hear anybody mention the name is to show them why they really shouldn't

and I would really like a letter from them admitting that they failed on so many different levels.

Sometimes a pen is so much mightier than the sword…

26th of December order TV.

28th is dispatched.

called for return.

The delivery agent leaves card does not try make contact.

called to chat to supervisor was refused was also refused to make a complaint. And told it would be fine with having two boxes.

Very aggressive interaction with the delivery agent.

Tried twice to call and make a complaint to supervisor and gave up.

I really, really do not want to interact with delivery agents again I will not have people acting aggressively towards me on my own doorstep.

As previously stated I will never deal with Amazon again after this either.

My question is really what to say who to say it to?

Edited by dx100uk
behave - dx

Your complaint has got nothing to do with the equality act or being disabled.

It's a consumer issue. (Note the full stop)

It's not easy to re-pack things in the original box if you didn't pay a lot of attention when you unpacked, so it's not your disability preventing you from re-packing to factory standards.

This happened to me once: I simply taped the two boxes together so to make one.

The courier attitude has got nothing to do with the equality act or being disabled.

Again, it's a consumer issue.

Telling anyone to "**** off and go" usually results in a impolite response.

He's been told to pick one box and if he picks two his boss will give him bolloking.

Also there may not be an allocated barcode for the second box and it may get lost.

I usually find Amazon returns very easy.

Speak to them again and tell them that you will tape the two boxes together.

A little advice if I may: Don't play the disable card every time things go wrong.

• Haha 1

My complaint has everything to do with the equality act,

as stated I longer care about the money I never want the delivery agents at my door again

nor do I ever want to deal with Amazon again.

Because I have problems with reading and writing and asking three separate customer service agents

to either make a complaint on my behalf or pass me on to supervisor so I can make a complaint

which is how I have dealt with these problems previously.

Refusing to allow me to make a complaint is not giving equal access to services which I have a right to.

And complaints is a part of the service offered, if they make it challenging for people without disabilities to cancel their services

and find information on how to make his complaints how much more challenging is it to me,

and isn't the whole point of the equality act to offer everybody a fair and equal times whether it's in the workplace or a consumer issue……

I have tried to make a complaint I tried to return the TV several times.

If a service agent or delivery agent acts aggressively towards me and makes undue demands of me like aggressively telling me

to put the contents of one box into another box which he has no right to do I will return with as much force and aggression,

I pointed out his next reaction to so you could get an idea of what the delivery agents state of mind was at the time.

I make no apologies for being open, honest and direct somebody treats me aggressively I will return that aggression.

I can suffer many things in life I will never suffer a bully.

Which brings me to my next point,

saying don't play the disable card every time things go wrong is the same as saying "you have rights,

we are not going to tell you what those rights are,

I'm not going to tell you how you use those rights,

but yet you got rights,

but if you ask how to use those rights I am going to tell you,

you are being a baby for trying to use those rights……

Do you perhaps work for Amazon?

My complaint has everything to do with the equality act, as stated I longer care about the money I never want the delivery agents at my door again nor do I ever want to deal with Amazon again. Because I have problems with reading and writing and asking three separate customer service agents to either make a complaint on my behalf or pass me on to supervisor so I can make a complaint which is how I have dealt with these problems previously. Refusing to allow me to make a complaint is not giving equal access to services which I have a right to. And complaints is a part of the service offered, if they make it challenging for people without disabilities to cancel their services and find information on how to make his complaints how much more challenging is it to me, and isn't the whole point of the equality act to offer everybody a fair and equal times whether it's in the workplace or a consumer issue……

I have tried to make a complaint I tried to return the TV several times.

If a service agent or delivery agent acts aggressively towards me and makes undue demands of me like aggressively telling me to put the contents of one box into another box which he has no right to do I will return with as much force and aggression, I pointed out his next reaction to so you could get an idea of what the delivery agents state of mind was at the time. I make no apologies for being open, honest and direct somebody treats me aggressively I will return that aggression. I can suffer many things in life I will never suffer a bully.

Which brings me to my next point, saying don't play the disable card every time things go wrong is the same as saying "you have rights, we are not going to tell you what those rights are, I'm not going to tell you how you use those rights, but yet you got rights, but if you ask how to use those rights I am going to tell you, you are being a baby for trying to use those rights……

Do you perhaps work for Amazon?

Unless a poster has "Corporate poster" next to their user name, then they are volunteers who very kindly give their time FOC to CAG. So the answer to your question is, no king does not work for Amazon.

I too have found Amazon to be extremely helpful with returns, but then I have never felt the need to be rude to someone who is simply doing their job !

Is it possible you have a friend or relative who might help you repack the box! It is agreed that repacking products usually results in something not fitting back as it was.

You had consumer rights anyway, without having to resort to using disability and equality acts.

• Haha 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

HI there, it may help if you explain why you think your disability puts you at a disadvantage.

There may be scope to argue that a provision of service is indirectly discriminatory if they will not make reasonable adjustments to the process.

Also correctly the Equality Act does also apply to the supply of goods and services act.

However you may not need to automatically jump straight to the equality card so to speak.

Have you considered writing a letter to the CEOs office?

As other posters have also pointed out, you often get better results by being polite to people providing services. With few exceptions, Abuse is not part of the job! Whilst this does not excuse the behavior, often incidents like this can be avoided.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I'm afraid I can't see anything here to do with equality either. I'm sorry but if you are unable to make a complaint yourself, then I would think it is up to you to get a friend or employ someone to help you make the complaint or make the complaint on your behalf.

You were also the one that acted aggressively to start with by telling the pick up guy to f*** off. I think he had a right to tell you to wind your neck in. He is not paid to take abuse.

They wont pick up two boxes if only one is programmed to be collected as this can throw off the load calculation. It came out of the box, it will go back in.

All in all I feel you need to get help to sort this matter out and not expect amazon to supply someone to hold your hand. Harsh I guess but that's life.

I also have found amazon great to deal with, having returned various items with no hassle and replacements coming quickly.

• Haha 1

the driver will have been given a barcoded box to track the return, your box wont have had that and will have got lost in their system. He then did exactly what you instructed him to do and went. As you can see, you still have the broken telly which must be returned or no refund. How do you expect the company to deal with this when you are blocking their efforts to make good.

If you arent bothered about the broken telly why are you posting here ?

Again, I do not think this is a equalities issue unless your health issues makes you prone to violent outbursts and if that is the case then apologise to people and ask them to try again with a bit of understanding. I am disabled by virtue of a brain injury that does make me verbally agressive but try and explain this to people if the opportunity arises and they think I am becoming lairy.

I just spent well over an hour writing a response on an applet that was open from this morning that I refreshed a couple hours ago I think, naturally it had logged me out. I hit back page to see if I could still rescue it no joy went forward to see if it would post, logged in no joy……

This is going to be a long response, and being dyslexic struggling with reading and writing, recently learning to use a tool which is both expensive and challenging to learn to use. And just in the process of training a new profile because of my 3rd Mike(finally found one that is adequate and works), it is both a long and stressful process. But one that is worth learning, I've spent a lot of time running small businesses both others and my own over the years.

When I moved from Israel back to the UK I was broke homeless and just about penniless. I literally had £50 in my pocket of which I accidentally lost £20 by means of a calling card in a phone. That had been by no means the 1st time I had been homeless nor the last. I found myself with no passport no luggage no way of proving who I was. I made it to a back Packers where I got black-market work. That allowed me to get my **** together in a relatively short time. Get back to the UK in live in pub job, where I was offered junior trainee management within 6 weeks of being and within a 3 months of my start date I was on.

I have managed high-end cocktail bars on the high street in Kensington starting at the bottom of the Kings Road.

When I have had either the finances or the people that allow me to delegate responsibility things have been rather easy. Dictation is a rather easy process as well as adding style. But when you no longer have the money to pay the people to work or have a job position where you can just delegate the job you struggle.

Finding people on a voluntary basis is very rare and hard to find especially those with a combined knowledge which is why I come here. And I really truly am grateful for all the help I receive here. From each and every respondent I truly do think you.

In my true disadvantage is not just not being able to communicate my problem. But also really struggling with the reading means I find it even harder to find how to help myself……

These are all new skills that I am learning when most my communication to date has been very sharp and short.

Thank you very much for reading this I hope you have a very good night.

I will post the for more detailed response hopefully by tomorrow afternoon. As this is a very complex issue.

My problems have always been resolved at first point of call, the OP is looking for someone/somewhere further up within Amazon.

Anyone know, seems the complaint is very simple, Amazon had failed to inform carriers there will be 2 packages and has inconvenienced OP. Whether the OP wants to pursue Amazon through the equalities act is up to them but as has been advised it looks to be a non starter, then again unless clued up I for one don't know.

I would give the OP a name or address if I knew and let them get on with it.

It may be possible, after just having an online chat with an amazon rep, that they wont agree to two packets being returned when one was delivered. They will pay for the return postage cost of the original box and contents but the OP would have to pay for the second box to be returned.

It may be possible, after just having an online chat with an amazon rep, that they wont agree to two packets being returned when one was delivered. They will pay for the return postage cost of the original box and contents but the OP would have to pay for the second box to be returned.

There's not much that comes packaged in a tv nowadays, screen, stand, remote and some cables.

, which is pretty much the same with the 4 TV's I've had.

I'm sure this has been mentioned above but could you not simply ask a friend/relative/neighbour to pack the broken TV back into the original box for Amazon to collect? That seems like the simplest way to resolve this issue without escalating it any further than it needs to be.