posterofagirl

Probation period extention/termination AFTER the probation period has ended?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I am having an issue with my current employer, I have received a letter inviting me to a meeting to assess whether my probation period is going to be terminated or extended on the basis of sales targets that have not been met :|. This meeting is to take place AFTER my probation period has ended? Can they do this, does this not mean that the probation period has ended and they therefore have to give me 4 weeks notice and can no longer extend the period?

My contract says that they can extend my probation period but nowhere does it mention meeting any sales targets?

Thanks for your help! :-)

It depends on the exact wording of the clause in your contract.

If it's well drafted, it will say that you won't be confirmed in post unless the end of the probationary period is confirmed in writing. If it's poorly drafted then you could argue the probationary period no longer applies, but usually it only has an effect on your notice period.