style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

Wonder if anyone has any help for me.

I have received a letter about a parking contravention (wheels on pavement) which I cannot realistically dispute.

However the letter was the first indication I had that a ticket had been issued, nothing being attached to the car when I drove away.

Review of the photographic evidence shows that a ticket HAD in fact been put on the car

but I can only assume that it was accidentally ( Or wilfully) detached form my car before I returned to it.

My issue is that I have not been realistically offered the opportunity to pay the reduced penalty,

having contacted the authority at the first indication that i had about the ticket.

I sent an appeal which was refused,

refusal accompanied by the photographic evidence that a ticket had at some time been attached to the car.

I am now considering an appeal to PATAS to be allowed to pay reduced rate.

Do I stand any chance?

Many thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

The forum guys should be along later with advice for you. They have day jobs, so you may need to bear with until they get here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I am now considering an appeal to PATAS to be allowed to pay reduced rate.

Based on the council's photographic evidence that a ticket had been served correctly on the car and you have no other grounds of appeal, an adjudicator is likely to find that the contravention occurred. He will have no leeway to reduce the penalty back to the discounted amount. Whilst appealing to the adjudicator won't cost you any more, it won't achieve the reduction you're after.

The adjudicator is highly unlikely to instruct the council to reinstate what is a discount to encourage prompt payment - but I'm surprised the council aren't willing to.

When you appealed, did you explain like you did here that you accept the contravention - or did you just tell them that no PCN was issued to you? If the latter, they would reject the appeal on the grounds that the PCN was issued, and so that might be what happened.

If it were me, I would phone them, be as polite and reasonable as possible, hold my hands up to the PCN etc, and ask very nicely if there is any way they could allow the reduced payment just this once. There is a chance they will. Otherwise, I don't think you have any options.