Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2072 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am hoping somebody could perhaps offer some help.

I have previously had a number of serious debt problems, culminating in multiple defaults and a CCJ in 2008.

Since then I have sorted myself out and put these debt problems behind me.

I had been checking Equifax and Noddle, which showed the respective defaults fall off my file last year. Once such default was for a bank account/overdraft with Halifax.

Yesterday I checked my file with Experian and have noticed an issue, which may effect a pending mortgage appliacation.

Halifax last updated Experian in 2010 - and the account is currently showing 3 payments late - opposed to the default which was issues and should now have dropped off with time.

I do not have any paperwork relating relating to the Halifax account, and cant remember specficially when the account defaulted. I cant confirm on Equifax as it has now dropped off there. What is the best course of action to get this removed?

Thanks

Hello and Welcome,

You could send a Subject Access Request to Halifax, this would let you know all the information you need to confirm your default date ect.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert