• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Babs V HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit! I don't get post on a Thursday!

Bloody country living.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Congratulations though. It's about damn time!

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

:D thinkyou thankyou thankyou :D

being as you pair are close...it won't be long....new contact though Rachel Tomlinson 0121 455 2701

Try her

xxxxxxxxx

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

cool!!!! congratulations babs... have a very merry christmas !!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]S.A.R. sent 30 October-reply received 10 november[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]Prelim letter sent 28 november- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]LBA sent 13 december- no reply[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=purple]MCOL filed 30 december- issued 02/01/07[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]loveletter from colin received 02/01/07-saying will get in touch on feb 9[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]acknowledged claim on 4 jan- has until 1 feb to defend.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]defence entered 31 jan 2007[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]offer received 1-2-2007... still waiting for the moolah though:cool: ...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#800080]and moolah arrives 1-march 2007!!! Praise the Lord!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Awwwww Babs, I am so so so sooooooooooo happy for you, what a wonderful xmas your going to have!! Well done hun for sticking at it, were proud of you!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

hey Babs,

What can I say, Icannot even hope to follow all the wishes above, but . . .

BLOODY WELL DONE

XXXXXXXXXXX

I'm please for you, but wish MINE would HURRY up . . the kids are so looking forward to a tree and presents this xmas, I so hate for them to go without !!!

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Awww Steve :( :(

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Seems we do have post on a Thursday as i've just recieved the defence and AQ.

Fingers crossed all, fingers crossed xx

and Clare, i'm not going anywhere...want to wait for you lot to be sorted first xx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Bugger BUGGER

My MCOL status has just changed to:-

Refund bank charge by HSBC

spacer.gif6QZ84356

Defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

So . . now they are going to defend and I have to 'waste' another £100 to file an AQ - ITS SO NOT FAIR

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

i am sooo pleased for you, babs! we got there in the end! i'm a glutton for punishment - i need a detail fix - so what happened this morning - pm me if you don't want to announce it all to the world, i'd really like to know.

frankly, don't want to alarm you and maybe it's because i'm just a nervy type - this next wait is almost worst - it's great because you know it's coming but bloody awful waiting for it. but, as they say, it's all over now - you've been offered - you accepted, it's just a little longer (maybe a week til you get your check - or are you letting them put it in your acct).

still more to read: Sticky: When You Get Your Refund

yes, i'm really chuffed - you've made my day!

Bugger BUGGER

My MCOL status has just changed to:-

Refund bank charge by HSBC

spacer.gif6QZ84356

Defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

So . . now they are going to defend and I have to 'waste' another £100 to file an AQ - ITS SO NOT FAIR

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

as per your thread in case you look here first...

Oi....don't you pick on me Mr! Mine said exactly the same thing yesterday and today I had the letter! which incedentally was dated the 11th!

Don't you go all defeatist on us now you big lump of, of, of ( whats a lump of defeatist called LOL can't think ) JELLY!

:p be patient and listen to mammie lattie

xxxxx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Dear Mammie Lattie,

well this morning at approx 8.30 (i'm on the sick not just a lazy girl) I vacated the bedroom, came downstairs and let the dogs and cat out. Then I made a lovely cup of tea and sat down to look on here. At approx 9.05 the postie walked past and didn't put anything throught the door so I was gutted and contemplating murder..not my poor postie, its not his fault.

So here i was minding my own business, had a little vacuum, did a bit of washing up and as I was up to my elbows in the sink at 10.20........the resounding boooooooooom of letters hitting the doormat ( more of a splat really but boom sounds better )...'nothing I bet' thought I so I finished the dishes and ambled along at approx 10.22 ( remember the times when I vaulted over the animals to get the post? ).

And then.........there it was.....all I saw was the £57650.2...didn't, couldn't read the rest....ran upstairs ( note return of ethusiasm ) and jumped on Mr Babs ( on holidays - also not lazy ) and made him read the rest....oh the joy of hearing those words..you knew you'd get charged if you didn't use your acct properly,we'd win in court etc etc blah blah blah but then the magic word...HOWEVER, we will give you all your money back no quibbles no questions!

Oh Mammie L....the joy today has been endless, I'm still smiling and yes, will donate when it comes through. I tell you, by eleven I'd bathed, dressed and been to the post office to send the reply by neext day signed for delivery....I'm gonna call tomorrow and get that money in my acct asap!

You have been wonderful helping all this time and keeping me calm...I can't thank you enough!

Babs xxxx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Babs,

CONGRATULATIONS darling

One small teachery thing, reading above did you REALLY get £57,650.20 BACK

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

The DRINKS ARE ON Mrs BABS everyone - she's LOADED NOW LOL

;) ;) (you luv's me - really)

and what did mr. babs say to all this whopplaa? i can't remember and i'm NOT going back through 465 posts to find out - was he one of those "you'll never see a penny of it" kind of misters and is he now bowing before your greatness? i surely hope so. - actually, when we accepted the offer - it was a bit slow coming - so son, whose acct it was, called and they put it in the bank the same day - now they will have to get your acceptance on the offer but, i can see money in your bank by monday if you call and beg (well, not beg - just plead, no, not plead, - just ask if it is possible for them to put it into your account immediately (it is, his was in almost instantly - it takes them a phone call or to to somebody).

so, bet you will be having a very merry christmas now, huh. i'm really pleased to have been along for the ride. and promise me all that new found info won't go to waste - stick around, not just for claire and steve - but to help out the newbies - telling them to start with the faq's .........

it's sort of that karma thing again - what goes around........

best wishes for a brand new year. spend wisely.

Oh Lattie,

We are certainly 'doing our bit' helping the newbies all right - and slowly building the rep points LOL soon get another little greem square and then it will all seem worth well . .

And what do little green squares = getting you money back in my book, cos the more you have, the longer you have been a member of this wonderful family of CAG'rs etc blah blah

Dear Mammie Lattie,

well this morning at approx 8.30 (i'm on the sick not just a lazy girl) I vacated the bedroom, came downstairs and let the dogs and cat out. Then I made a lovely cup of tea and sat down to look on here. At approx 9.05 the postie walked past and didn't put anything throught the door so I was gutted and contemplating murder..not my poor postie, its not his fault.

So here i was minding my own business, had a little vacuum, did a bit of washing up and as I was up to my elbows in the sink at 10.20........the resounding boooooooooom of letters hitting the doormat ( more of a splat really but boom sounds better )...'nothing I bet' thought I so I finished the dishes and ambled along at approx 10.22 ( remember the times when I vaulted over the animals to get the post? ).

And then.........there it was.....all I saw was the £57650.2...didn't, couldn't read the rest....ran upstairs ( note return of ethusiasm ) and jumped on Mr Babs ( on holidays - also not lazy ) and made him read the rest....oh the joy of hearing those words..you knew you'd get charged if you didn't use your acct properly,we'd win in court etc etc blah blah blah but then the magic word...HOWEVER, we will give you all your money back no quibbles no questions!

Oh Mammie L....the joy today has been endless, I'm still smiling and yes, will donate when it comes through. I tell you, by eleven I'd bathed, dressed and been to the post office to send the reply by neext day signed for delivery....I'm gonna call tomorrow and get that money in my acct asap!

You have been wonderful helping all this time and keeping me calm...I can't thank you enough!

Babs xxxx

Hey Babs congratulations and a very very happy new year to you!!!

I have been watching your story unfold and am delighted for you. Perhaps now you can lay off the prozac eh lol (send them my way cos i'm just at the beginning of my long journey)!

Well done you

Netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Hang on...

...fifty seven grand???

i think she started early on the tequila slammers!

LOL :lol:

Hi,

I'm all new to this and is the first time i have posted anything.

I followed the procedure and entered a MCOL against Hsbc which they have acknowledged and currently in the 28 day waiting period.

This morning I got a letter from them offereing me a part settlement, the claim was for £1130 and they have only offered £1000. this would mean that I would lose the interest that i am now entitled to and also the court fee of £120 that I have already paid out.

I don't think I will accept this, but can someone please give me some advise and let me know if I should??

(Sorry for stealing somebodys elses thread just wan't sure where else to put this!!)

Thanks

Hello and welcome!! By the look of your name you'll prob be very welcome on this thread!! LOL Although it is always better to start your own topic so people can follow your individual case and you can ask questions on there but please feel free to participate on other threads too!!

I would just write a letter back accepting it as a 'partial refund' and hold out for the full amount!! Go for the whole lot for sure!! Its your money at the end of the day!!

Good luck xxxxxxxx :)

Thanks!

I was going to refuse it anyway but should i just say that I dont accept your partical offer as the claim has been started and am now looking for the full amount plus interest and costs.

I work in credit and am constantly processing claims against people and defending as part of my job, but its all so much more scary when its you!!

I bet!! You'll be fine just keep at it!! Ill wait for someone to come along and tell you what you should say in letter but I think it would go along the lines of that you will accept the amount as a partial refund but will be continuing with your claim for the full amount including interest and court costs OR like you said just refuse it! Because even if you say you'll accept it as a partial refund the offer just seems to dissapear!!

When are your 28 days up?