Private parking fine help needed - flat complex Cardiff

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I would be grateful for some help where I have received a £60 parking fine from New Generation Parking Management and could do with some advice before I lodge an appeal.

I am the owner of a flat in a complex of flats. I have an undercroft parking space which is accessed via a shutter roller door. Unfortunately the shutter door has been broken for a couple of weeks and when I got home the other week someone had parked in my space, which I pay for. I tried to put my car in a visitor space but they were all taken at the time. I therefore parked my car in an area where other cars were parked and often are always parked which does not restrict anyone's access. I displayed a large handwritten sign in my windscreen explaining why I had had to park there, provided my flat number and my mobile number in case there were any issues. A visitor space became available within approximately 90 minutes of parking there and so I moved the car. A week or so later I have a £60 parking fine in the post.

Do you think I have good grounds for mitigating circumstances to appeal this 'fine'. How would people recommend I proceed? It leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth that I am being penalised for someone parking in my space which I pay a yearly fee to have. Whilst I do not consider I should have to pay any fine, £60 seems very excessive.

Thanks in advance for your help - it is greatly appreciated.

HI there

First off, you will not be paying anything.

Have a look around the private parking forum, you should be able to get the answers you need. If not, post questions here.

Before you send anything please feel free to post a draft (Without personal details) for feedback.

Also please upload in pdf form the letter with all personal details and bar codes obscured.

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

So you've received a 'Notice to Keeper' invoice?

As SS said, you won't be paying anything, these fake tickets are simply 'speculative invoices' and £60 does not, nor will it ever, be a GPEOL, so they are stuffed!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

NGPM seem to hold dominion over a couple of retail parks in the Cardiff area. Not seen them anywhere else so fairly sure they're a small regional operation. They're fairly toothless though, I haven't seen any record of them taking anyone to court ever.

Fact is, you have a space which you pay for, this will all be laid out in a contract between yourself and your building's managing agent. This contract will overrule any kind of claim for punitive losses that they may try and spin.

You say you've received the "Notice to Keeper" (NTK) through the post? Do you know if this was issued by an attendant in the car park or by some kind of ANPR system? Since ANPR normally just monitors the entrance and exit of a car park and books people if they stay too long, I'd guess at the former. With that in mind, what date was the parking "incident", and what date did you receive the NTK?

NGPM are BPA members so this will be easy to beat at POPLA. You will need to file an initial appeal with NGPM but first we'll need to know the times above in case they've tripped themselves up at the first hurdle and sent the NTK too early/late.

did they slap a ticket on the windscreen? If so wait for the NTK which should arrive in the post between 29 and 56 days after the event and then appeal to the parking co. Your appeal will be that the vehicle was parked in accordance with the terms of your lease they trespassed against your property and they can get lost. Be that blunt.

Can you imagine them wanting to serve papers on an address at the flats knowing that they dont have a contract with the principals (ie you)