Firstcarrental/ Sixt and Orbitz rental payment disaster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am posting here as I have a bit of a dilemma which is getting me confused hopefully some of the learned forum members can help out.

I went to Cape Town on holiday arriving on the 10th march.

I booked a car online with orbitz for a BMW 1 series for 10days. The price for this was R4616.07- £256.08

I have an email which states it is my 'purchase receipt'

1. When I got to Sixt/First car rental at Cape town they told me thats a mistake we dont have that car at that price even though the payment hadnt gone through at that time it appears now looking back the payment went through 9 days later so in theory...I was entitled to that BMW at that price as I had already paid for it! BTW I paid for this on my TSB credit card!

2. After a 12 hour journey and no sleep I wanted to get the car and get the hell out so after an hour talking with the manager. I was sold another car a Toyota for R4040- £224.44. I paid for this on my Barclays debit card, by this time my TSB credit card was maxed out! and would not got through.

3. Now back home and going through my statements:

I see the £256.08 Orbitz charged to TSB & £334.87 (R6192) charged to my Barclays Debit card

as you can see this is not the R4040 which I was supposed to be charged for the Toyota.

So I have two incorrect payments HELP!

Credit card and debit card wont do anything until I contact said companies.

Major gripe! and waste of my time

Thanks for taking time to read and any help is really appreciated

have a great day! :)

Edited by citizenB
Tidied up

hi there sorry for the late response,

yes I have a receipt for the Toyota R4040, not the R6000 they have charged me.

I am currently searching for the chief exec email for First car rental:

Bruce Barritt – the Managing Director at First Car Rental

Thanks for your response

Regards

BB

Dear,

I am extremely unhappy with the service I have received from First car rental, South Africa, when on holiday in Cape town from the 10th March 2015.

I booked a car online with Orbitz for a BMW 1 series for 10days.

The price for this was R4616.07- £256.08 (ATTACHED)

I have an email which states it is my 'purchase receipt'

1. When I got to Sixt/First car rental at Cape town the manger told me that there has been a mistake; ‘we don’t have that car.’

My ‘purchase receipt’ was clearly not good enough for her.

She then changed her mind and agreed that we do have the car but not at the price I have in my email confirmation.

I tried to explain to her that the payment had gone through and they at First car rental, had to honor the price for the agreed rental of the BMW.

The manager spoke to and even emailed a senior colleague who again said it was not possible to rent the BMW even though my payment had been confirmed, albeit not at the immediate time. This payment of R4616.07- £256.08 went through on my Lloyds TSB credit card!

I really cannot believe how Orbitz, a giant company can have issues with its suppliers and if there are issues this should not be passed on to the client to deal with, I find this highly unprofessional!

2. After a 12 hour flight from UK, with no sleep, ill and First car wasting over an hour talking with the manager, I just wanted to start my holiday.

I was sold another car, a Toyota for R4040- £224.44 (ATTACHED).

I paid for this on my Barclays Credit card, due to First Car/ Orbitz Error I could no longer use my credit card in S.A, because the pending payment with Orbitz took me over my credit limit. This was a real inconvenience.

3. Now back home and going through my bank statements:

a) I can see the debit for £256.08 Orbitz charged to TSB credit card

b) I can see £334.87 (R6192) charged to my Barclays Debit card

As you can see this is not the R4040, which I was supposed to be charged for the Toyota.

I have been charged for:

a) a car I did not receive and was made to feel ignorant for simply wanting to collect what I was entitled to and had actually paid for, which should have been honoured.

b) a car which was presented to me as the only option available, when in fact this was not true and was unfair. Furthermore my bank account has been debited over the agreed and contract amount.

I have been inconvenienced many hours in South Africa and back home for a mistake which should not have been passed on to the customer. This is highly unprofessional.

I would like both amounts refunded in full to my two bank account, to compensate for the inconvenience.

I would appreciate a swift resolution to the matter as I am exhausted, having to deal with this.

I look forward to a response as soon as possible and thank you in advance with your kind co-operation and swift resolution in this matter.

Sincerely