• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tanzarelli V's Barclays 1st one * WON * 2nd one Begins.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi m4n not sure I need the fame but I may do just to spread the word about the site, no pictures though, and don't need the paps knocking at the door. lol

Hi Sharpblue,

Have you not got a court date yet and you have already sent your bundles in, how efficient of you, impressed.

Tanz

Hi Tanz, that's fantastic news, I'm very encouraged by your success as I'm currently at the submitting the AQ stage (tomorrow in fact). I've learnt lots from your thread, so many thanks and Good Fortune for all your future ventures.

Dodderhill:D

Hi Tanz, So pleased for you and yours (especially the little one).:D

I'm managing the claims of my two kids (26 and 28)... and just got the AQs today.

Given your news and example I may well contact Barclays and offer to settle for full in advance of submitting the AQs and the extra 2 x £100 that they would have to pay.

Did you ever get any response from e:Mailing

[email protected]?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi chapmag and dodderhill,

Thanks and i'm glad this story has been of use. I didn't get any responce from the email and even sent a letter as well but they ignored them both.

It seems that Barclays are settling most cases after court date has been set. It's important to keep up some sort of contact I feel just so they know your still there. Also make sure all letters are recorded delivery.

It wont be long now before you get a date for a hearing Barclays will prob submit AQ's on or around last day before they are due.

Keep posting on this forum an you will receive all the info you need.

Its just a case of playing the game with Barclays stick with it though as they are hoping you will fold before they do, but we all know thats not why we started the whole process.

Good luck, not that you'll need it. lol

Tanz

Hi chapmag,

not as yet as they paid money into this but they would have to give me notice to do this anyway. However I don't use it really as got tierd a long time ago with them charging me so opened another with Lloyds TSB. I do leave the odd few pounds in it just to keep it live. As soon as money went in from them I withdrew the whole lot and tranferred it to L TSB.

Tanz

• Haha 1

Tanz,

Well done, and a really helpful thread as well! My daughter is 15 months and I have another baby on the way so I think this makes you more determined to have control of at least one part of your life!!

I dropped my AQ in today and am preparing my bundle at the moment so will check with court on 26th which was the last day they had to hand their AQ in as well (I think)

Have a wonderful Christmas and good luck with your next claim.

Jackie:D

Hi Sharpblue,

Have you not got a court date yet and you have already sent your bundles in, how efficient of you, impressed.

Tanz

Thanks Tanz - It was my Lawyer friend Chris (who used to work in Litigation) that got me organised. He also prepared me a Skeleton Argument (see below) which may be of use to some on this site, obviously this one applies to my particular case but it can easily be adjusted to suit most other claims I feel. I hope you dont mind me posting this....

001ka7.jpg

002va4.jpg

003qx0.jpg

004ys6.jpg

Thanks Tanz - It was my Lawyer friend Chris (who used to work in Litigation) that got me organised. He also prepared me a Skeleton Argument (see below) which may be of use to some on this site, obviously this one applies to my particular case but it can easily be adjusted to suit most other claims I feel. I hope you dont mind me posting this....

001ka7.jpg

002va4.jpg

003qx0.jpg

004ys6.jpg

Hi Sharpeblue,

This looks good nd i'm sure it could be used by others, why don't you post this in the library section or ask a mod if it could be posted there for you. Well done.

Tanz

Hi Tanzarelli,

Well done for beating the bank.

I've read on here that some peolple have phoned barclays and got their money back that way, do you think it is worth while doing that, I was thinking of phonig Mr Ruffhead who wrote the defence for barclays. Or should I phone Alex Martin. My case has been moved to the mercantile court, but I have no date yet.

hi Tanz,

I just called alex martin who said that someone called Celyn evans was dealing with my case and he gave me a phone number for him to discuss my case but the number he gave me goes through to someone called franklin par, how strange.

Hi Tanz,

just thought i'd give u a quick update, i called alex martin again and he informed me he had given me the wrong number, so he gave me the right one, so i called Celyn evans, very polite man asked him if he wanted to settle before it went to mercantile court, he said that is what they are looking to do and that he has check to see if the figures were right and that then he would send me a letter in the next couple of days with an offer, he also told me that my husbands had been transfered to the mercantile court aswell and he would also be reciving a letter soon. We haven't even been informed that his has been tranfered to mercantile court yet. he took my mobile number and said would get back to me as of when.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

Hi Tanzarelli

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I read a thread the other day and I can't find it again.

You advised someone to send a covering letter to Barclays with the court bundle stating you would accept a full settlement before the court date. We would like to do this but we're not sure if you add the interest up to today or just ask for the amount we calculated when the claim was issued. Can we ask for a different amount?

Also should we include documents setting out our argument in the bundle or just rely on the information in the basic court bundle on this site? Should we just save it for court?

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Tanz just thought I'd let you know that Today Barclays sent me and my hubby a letter offering us both full and final settlement. There figures are diffent to mine my hubbys is about £55 short and mine is about £85 more, but I think we will settle for it so we can get this money in the bank before xmas.

I will be crossing out the line

"YOU ALSO AGREE THAT THE EXISTANCE AND TERMS OF THIS OFFER ARE CONFIDENTIAL BETWEEN US".

Has anyone got a letter they sent of to the court saying that the bank has paid.

Hi Tanzarelli

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I read a thread the other day and I can't find it again.

You advised someone to send a covering letter to Barclays with the court bundle stating you would accept a full settlement before the court date. We would like to do this but we're not sure if you add the interest up to today or just ask for the amount we calculated when the claim was issued. Can we ask for a different amount?

Also should we include documents setting out our argument in the bundle or just rely on the information in the basic court bundle on this site? Should we just save it for court?

Thanks

Lisa

I just phoned them up and asked if they wanted to settle before the court case which they said they did and within 2 days they sent me a full offer, and I never even had a court date.

Hi Tanzarelli

Thanks

Lisa

Sorry for the delay in replying but been having pc probs. You could write to them and just say:

I am enclosing copies of the documents which I will be relying on in court for your information and that a copy of these has also been sent to the court as required.

Even at this late stage I am willing to accept a full settlement of Charges, Interest 8% plus daily rate interest at (pence per day x however many days since you filed your claim).

Hope this helps, others have phoned and got results of late so this is another possibility.

Tanz

Well I phoned the Court this morning and Barclays have submitted their N149, I am still concerned about this because If they are that confident could THEY win? This being me and living in Swindon I am convinced I will be one of the first to loose my case, I am kind of worried that via Chris (my Solicitor friend) I may have given them too much information and their legal team will find some loophole to jump through. What do you think???????

Should I ring them asking for a settlement?