Wrong site address on nip **Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received an NIP 40 mph in 30 zone. Address on the NIP is totally incorrect, but timing is correct.

Offence site as detailed on the NIP is approximately 2 miles from the site where the mobile camera was used and the photo evidence taken. It is mistake on the offence location.

Can anyone suggest best way to answer the NIP ?

Thanks for the reply, but I would have thought that it was hardly a little error, the access info site for the NIP clearly shows that the evidence photograph is no where near the offence location.

The site FAQ states that information on the offence area/photos are available but when clicked the error 404 missing message comes up. So have they made a mistake and know about it ?

Surely if the NIP is responded .... YES.... I was the driver at the time of the the offence at (place ?????) then that is not the truth as the you are requested to confirm in the section A Declaration .... as the vehicle and driver were no where near where the NIP states the offence took place.

Coniff is being Pragmatic for you.

You have a choice

1) As Conniff says.

2) Fight it in court please not guilty. However as Conniff says, small admin errors are not always a defence. If the court takes that view then you will have a bigger penalty as a result.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

FYI

I had taken no action, but was going to dispute the NIP after 14 days.

However letter arrived yesterday :-

"RE: CLERICAL ERROR/NO FURTHER ACTION

I refer to my recent notice sent to you in relation to an alleged offence

Due to a clerical error this notice has now been cancelled.

I regret any inconvenience this matter may have caused

Yours faithfully"

Looks like a offence location 2 miles out is not a SMALL ADMIN error :-)

It might have been a completely different story if it had got in front of a judge. They love their power and wouldn't have seen it in the same light.

They seem to take the view that if it is in front of them then it must be true.

Congratulations on that, now go have a pint to celebrate, but not in the car :)