style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1713 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi would appreciatte some help with my imminant repossession hearing.

Background is have mortgage with G.E Money monthly payment £265 current arrears £440 but monthly payment due on tomorrow so will be £685. had default letter two weeks ago saying account balance of £740 must be cleared by 28/03/15 i managed to pay £300 last week. Reason for arrears is wife is sick and has been for over 2 years..I antisipate court date within next fortnight but hopefully i will go to court with account up to date and it will be thrown out (this has happened before) But this time i would like to counter claim G.E about all of the late payment charges applied to my account £40 monthly plus interest which over the years in total are £3000. of which through my increased monthly payments my statement shows i have paid £1000 towards these. so my first question is will i nbe able to challenge these at the repossession hearing and also will there be any help available in filling out my defense..any help will be appreciatted.

Can you manage tomorrow's payment and anything off the arrears?

Is there already a suspended possession order?

I somehow doubt they'd get possession for that amount especially if you can pay it off by instalments but you should claim the charges regardless.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No i will miss tomorrows payment but will pay £300 on the seventh,this has not gone to court yet but default date was 14/03/15 and account had to be clear by the 28/03/15. as i say if hearing was around about a fortnights time i am hoping to clear it by the court date but then hit G.Es reprasentative with the amount of charges on the court date and see the judge with the account clear but bring the charges up when there solicitor is in front of the judge

If you want to put in a counterclaim you'll need to do that with the fee before the court date. You should also write to GE with your proposal before the court date so that you can prove to the judge you have tried to resolve it but GE have unreasonably refused (assuming that is the case). In your letter inform GE that if they insist on going ahead you will ask the judge to make them bear their own legal costs and pay you for your own costs.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It would take more than 2 weeks for a court date to be arranged. If you can pay in the next few weeks you should be ok. You should write to them (by recorded delivery) advising when you will be bringing the account up to date and hopefully they will not pursue to court.

If you need help with a letter just ask and I will draft one for you.

You can then send them our template letter for claiming back arrears charges.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.