Euro car Parks sainsbury Balham over stay - ** CANCELLED AT POPLA **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, and before starting with my request I would like to thanks everyone for their times on helping on the forum.

We received a PCN on the 4/03/15 (see doc attached) asking for £70 discounted by £40 if paid within 2 weeks.

My wife didn't realised that she couldn't stay longer than 2h. I contacted sainsburys who told me that they were not responsible for the car park therefore I should contact ECP.

Yesterday we received the Notice to Keeper dated 24/03/15 (see attached) asking for £70 with a £1.5 handing charge if paid online!

My wife is 38 weeks pregnant and takes her time when shopping. To be honest she just didn't know! I find this, out of order to be charged £70 for over staying by one hour, specially when she parks there to mainly shop at Sainsburys!

Can I fight this ticket? If so, is it ok to send this?

Dear Euro Car Parks

As keeper of the vehicle, registration XXXX XXX, I have received your invoice number xxxxxx.

The driver at the time tells me that as a regular customer of sainsburys they never realised the 2h time limits as there isn't any barrier in that car park or clear sign when you drive in,and that they are therefore not liable to pay you any money.

Therefore I ask that you allow this appeal on those grounds.

If you reject this appeal, please issue me with a valid POPLAicon code.

Yours

Recorded Keeper.

Edited by rustyjames
changed 1 word

Hi

Welcome to CAG where I am sure you will get the help you require. I have changed 1 word in your letter in order to anonymize it further. As for your images these are too small and you will be better converting them to PDF remembering to take all personal info out,

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ok so you need to follow the ANPR capture routr

is that where that letter ha come from.

you need to await the NTK I think first?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep

anything will do

dog had use the toilet again in Sainsbury's is a good one

it wont matter they'll refuse the appeal

you just need the popla code

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:lol::lol: excellent,

So there is clearly no point of being honest and write at the bottom

Please note that from now on the rules have been made clear further to your letter and this will not happen again?

Right, their timing of sending the NTK out is wrong for it to be compliant with the PoFA (must be between 29 and 56 days after the event) so there is no keeper liability.

Keep the letter and envelope and appeal to ECP saying that their NTK is not compliant with the PoFA and therefore there is no keeper liability and no further correspondence will be entered into. Do not identify the driver. Euro are rubbish at getting it right so they will skulk off when you point out their pitfalls (had more than 1 demand from them and they havent followed anything up).

So, as they sent it earlier, it's not compliant?

I already done an appeal online on the 29/03 following ploddertom suggestion. Should I do another one or just wait for them to get back to me?

I haven't got the envelope the NTK came in but the date of the NTK and my appeal does clearly suggest that I received it on the 27 or 28/03.

Thanks

Edited by rustyjames

no, you shouldnt have done an appeal at all but you should now wait for ther response

and if they dont cancel they are obliged to give you a POPLA code.

They have 35 days to reject your claim and provide said code otherwise they are non compliant with PoFA and no keeper liability.

• 1 month later...

HI,

Further to my appeal online on the 29 March 2015 22:03:02, I have received the POPLA code on the 6 MaY (letter dated from the 5 May 2015)

It is over 35 days, therefore can this be ended right away?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Right, their timing of sending the NTK out is wrong for it to be compliant with the PoFA (must be between 29 and 56 days after the event) so there is no keeper liability.

Keep the letter and envelope and appeal to ECP saying that their NTK is not compliant with the PoFA and therefore there is no keeper liability and no further correspondence will be entered into. Do not identify the driver. Euro are rubbish at getting it right so they will skulk off when you point out their pitfalls (had more than 1 demand from them and they havent followed anything up).

I'm a bit confused about this. The PCN I'm dealing with was issued 11/09/15 and the letter was dated 22/09/15. so that's outside of the 29 & 56 days. What's my best line of attack?