Electronic Signing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry a quick question.

My jobcentre has introduced electronic signing and on my next signing day (Tuesday), I need to take in ID and provide six signatures.

On my last signing day I was given the copy of the letter, only valid ID I have is my debit card which I have my benefits paid into.

However I was told by the person signing me that a copy of both sides of my debit card will be made and kept on file. Does this have to happen? Obviously I am concerned that any copies could get into the wrong hands.

The old chestnut of needing to use Universal Jobmatch otherwise payment won't be released was also mentioned. I have been issued a paper book for this fortnight but was told no payment could be recieved if my jobsearch can not be verified digitally.

Thanks for the help

The old chestnut of needing to use Universal Jobmatch otherwise payment won't be released was also mentioned. I have been issued a paper book for this fortnight but was told no payment could be recieved if my jobsearch can not be verified digitally.

AFAIK, they can only request that you sign in to UJM.....

And this request is supposed to be in writing, but they have probably moved the goal posts to suit their own needs, again!

You should also install this too! http://automation.strikenow.org.uk/

The Jobcentre adviser has no power to just tell you that you have to create a Universal Jobmatch account. Edinburgh Coalition Against Poverty have supported several unemployed claimants who have successfully declined to create a Universal Jobmatch account, without suffering any sanctions.

You can only be forced to create a Universal Jobmatch account if Jobcentre Plus issue you with a written Jobseeker’s Direction –without such a written instruction they cannot force you onto Universal Jobmatch and they cannot sanction you.

Before a jobcentre adviser can issue a Jobseekers' Direction forcing you to create a Universal Jobmatch account, they have to consider if it would be appropriate in your circumstances. For example if English is your second language or if you have difficulty with literacy then it may not be reasonable to issue such a Jobseeker’s Direction. The adviser must consider the following questions:

http://www.edinburghagainstpoverty.org.uk/node/105

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Here is a link to a very very good informative site, but I fear you have asked the same question on another thread?

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ujm_toolkit_and_the_eus_framewor

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!