style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Confusing..as I when I answered and aske for my wife(who's name it is in)I said she's not in,wont be in and he can call in the week like he is supposed to..and he just said ok and left??..

Thought he would have had more to say if he was within his rights.

Marstons..

In all fairness he was polite,just thought they were not allowed to call on Sunday's as this is what I read.i made to appointments with them,taking time of work for one of them to call a few weeks back and twice they never showed up.then had letter couple of weeks back saying they were calling to remove goods in the 16th,again they never showed up.

And now this on a Sunday.

Everything chaged last year when the new Regulations kicked in - part of which was allowing them to call on a Sunday. Regardless his attitude is to be commended and if more acted like this then (probably is but we don't get to hear of them) the chances of cooperation from debtors may be higher.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very true.his attitude today has Gained a little trust.was just very annoyed as to the facts I stated above.but maybe it is different bailiff as the one who came today was polite and sounded approachable..(never thought I'd say that)

Marstons..

In all fairness he was polite,just thought they were not allowed to call on Sunday's as this is what I read.i made to appointments with them,taking time of work for one of them to call a few weeks back and twice they never showed up.then had letter couple of weeks back saying they were calling to remove goods in the 16th,again they never showed up.

And now this on a Sunday.

I think each bailiff visit costs you money which is added onto your debt. Maybe it would be wiser to make arrangements to pay your debt instead of just waiting for bailiffs to call?

As coughdrop said, there are good and bad people in every job, though it is refreshing to see a positive bailiff comment on here! (politeness)

I think each bailiff visit costs you money which is added onto your debt. Maybe it would be wiser to make arrangements to pay your debt instead of just waiting for bailiffs to call?

)

OP has not provided enough information for any assumptions about "waiting for the baliffs to call rather than pay their debts"

More often than not, members report the first they hear about a debt is when the bailiffs do turn up.

IF OP wants further advice, more information on the debt and history is required :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As coughdrop said, there are good and bad people in every job, though it is refreshing to see a positive bailiff comment on here! (politeness)

Please, we are not here to judge people. Most come here because they have fallen on hard times that are not of their own making.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please, we are not here to judge people. Most come here because they have fallen on hard times that are not of their own making.

I am not judging anyone. The OP said they made appointments and waited for bailiffs to call. I suggested that they make arrangements to repay their debt rather than waiting for bailiffs to call, otherwise bailiffs fees would just increase the debt.

Certainly not judging anyone.

Yes, I do realise that most come here because they have fallen on hard times that are not of their own making. That is primarily the reason why I was discussing enforcements / bailiffs / echr in another thread - in order to try and find solutions and to potentially help such people who have fallen on hard times. Although you said concerning that discussion "it is time to move on"

Point made about the appointments.

But again, circumstances of the OP are not listed. Maybe they can not afford to pay off their debts in one go. Certainly they are not avoiding them if they are making appointments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

sabresheep, yes, they are not avoiding them as they are making appointments.

but my point was that maybe they should not be making such appointments (thereby attracting more bailiff fees) and just make arrangements to repay the debt to their creditors directly or bailiffs.

making appointments for more bailiff visits is imo just adding more fees onto a debt that the OP has difficulty in repaying? and just making matters worse.

Thanks for the replies.

I posted previous on here about the situation.but yes at the moment it's hard to pay.i tried to make an initial payment towards the debt,this was £1000 and set up payments,twice the bailiff never showed up or let me know.i am self employed so work is unpredictable.this initial payment is gone now as was kind of juggling thing rounds to make this payment.they then set a letter that was dated for them to call and remove goods,waited in,they never came..

I'm not trying to avoid the debt,I just need time whilst I get finances in order..and bailiffs usually don't accept time,they want paying.

On the making appointments note..this was done to suit both myself and his schedule.they won't accept payments without calling.as for fees I'm pretty sure they've added all they can??..

I also don't feel judged as it is not my nature to worry about what people think.so nothing is took to heart but thanks for the backing as well.

hi ajd, I do apologise if you think that I have 'judged' you as implied by ploddertom. The purpose of my post above was to try and help you not to attract any further fees from the bailiffs.

However, it is good to see that you don't feel judged :)

I may be wrong, but I thought bailiffs charged a fee for their visits - and that was the purpose of my post, to help you not attract any more fees.

p3t3r, since the new regulations came into force, the fees that can be charged are capped now.

£75 compliance stage fee

£235 visit fee (plus a %age if the debt is over a certain amount)

Plus a removal fee if they actually remove goods.

They can only be charged once, and not like the old regulations where you'd have a 1st visit fee, a 2nd visit fee, a van fee and anything else they thought they could get away with.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

p3t3r, since the new regulations came into force, the fees that can be charged are capped now.

£75 compliance stage fee

£235 visit fee (plus a %age if the debt is over a certain amount)

Plus a removal fee if they actually remove goods.

They can only be charged once, and not like the old regulations where you'd have a 1st visit fee, a 2nd visit fee, a van fee and anything else they thought they could get away with.

I think we need more info the the OP as the fees you have quoted, while correct, only apply to things like fines/parking/ctax etc and not to civil court fines. I get the gut feeling that the OP is talking about a county court action in this post in which case the fees are different, as is the frequency they can be charged.