Temporary demotion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I need some advice please.

I work in a well known clothes retail store for 7 years now, initially I started as a chashier but after 6 months I was given more responsibility which lead me to supervisor duties. I have been in the supervisor role now for over 6 years.

my manager informed me recently due to a complaint by a member of staff against me I now have to go back to being a cashier although the pay is the same and less responsibility I would like to continue my current role.

I requested the proposal in writing however my manager informed me my original contract still says I'm a chashier so I muSt do what I'm told, although now the manager says it will only be temporary and I will be a supervisor again soon.

My concern is when I go back as a cashier I may never go back to the supervisor role which I really enjoy.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there

The Employment peeps have more up to date knowledge than me and should be around sometime today.

I think that there are a few points of note here.

a) The pay is the same, which I find odd.

b) You state your original contract states you are a cashier, were you issued at any time a new contract with supervisor?

c) Is the supervisor an offical role?

d) Is there training that needs to be undertaken to be a supervisor and have you completed it?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

e) Is this a result of a disciplinary meeting?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Contract was not updated.

Yes I completed training for supervisor.

Not sure if it's an official role. But manager approached me quite a few years ago asking if I wanted to change my role to supervisor.

Thanks for the reply.

Was not informed it was a disciplinary. It was more of a telling off and the result was you are going back to the checkouts. The supervisors are always being threatened with going back as a cashier if targets are not met. Thanks

Your employer obviouslt sees the position as temporary and you were happy with this arrangemtn until you had to do the job you are paid to do. If you are offered a supervisory position again ask for it to be formalised and then there will be no misunderstandings on what is expected by both parties..