Parking Eye notice (Morrisons CP, I was in the store's coffee shop). **Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

If I obscured too many details in the attachment please let me know and I'll reupload.

How can I get rid of this charge?

I was in the store's coffee shop working on my laptop,

I have a bank statement showing the date and amount spent.

It wasn't a huge amount, less than £10 because I wasn't shopping for groceries.

I was just having coffee and some pastry/sandwich while working on my laptop.

I shop at this store frequently, in fact it's the only store I go to shop for groceries. I spend loads at this place.

So irritated to get this ticket... The lot wasn't even full!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by dx100uk
12Mb attachment reduced to .4Mb to speed thread loading - dx

You need to send parking eye a appeal

They will reject it but give you a popla code that will cost them and you should get this cancelled

Parking eye seem keen on issuing court papers so doing nothing is not really a option

I would send a formal complaint to the CEO of Morrison's and make a fuss

They have announced plans to close stores they need all the customers they can get

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Hello everyone.

If I obscured too many details in the attachment please let me know and I'll reupload.

How can I get rid of this charge?

I was in the store's coffee shop working on my laptop,

I have a bank statement showing the date and amount spent.

It wasn't a huge amount, less than £10 because I wasn't shopping for groceries.

I was just having coffee and some pastry/sandwich while working on my laptop.

I shop at this store frequently, in fact it's the only store I go to shop for groceries. I spend loads at this place.

So irritated to get this ticket... The lot wasn't even full!

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

To PE;

You head letter ' appeal '

As RK you deny any liability for the charge.

Incude a copy of the bank statement from the driver showing only the day in question.

Get proof of postage at post office.

To Morrisons:

As you shop at the store frequently, then complain in store to customer service and manager vigorously.

As above, complain to the ceo.

Any signs in the coffee shop telling you that there is a time limit on the driver of a car parked in the car park spending money in the shop?

To PE;

You head letter ' appeal '

As RK you deny any liability for the charge.

Incude a copy of the bank statement from the driver showing only the day in question.

Get proof of postage at post office.

To Morrisons:

As you shop at the store frequently, then complain in store to customer service and manager vigorously.

As above, complain to the ceo.

Any signs in the coffee shop telling you that there is a time limit on the driver of a car parked in the car park spending money in the shop?

Many thanks for your response. I tried to email their chairman which is the only contact that had an email from the website suggested above, but the email server returned an undeliverable error. I cannot contact the CEO without knowing their email address.

There are no signs in the coffee shop stating that parking is for a maximum of 2 hours. There is one sign at the entrance of the car park where it is not safely accessible on foot because it is in the middle of three lanes for entering/exiting the car park. Here is a link from Google Maps Street View showing where the sign is: goo.gl/maps/5ry4Y (please copy and paste in your browser).

As you can see it is impossible to access it safely and impossible to read the sign whilst driving, the letters are too small. The sign has actually been changed, it is now a white sign of the same size as the one from Street View, it states maximum 2 hours parking and has other information in really small letters. There are signs mounted on lamp poles all over the car park but not on the row where I was parked. These signs are mounted high and have very small letters that I could not read. I attached screenshots of a video I took with my dashcam. There is a small sign with small letters by the access road, a larger sign mounted in a place impossible to be accessed on foot on the entrance to the store, and signs around the car park but not where I parked, as you can see the light pole does not have a sign. The lettering is small.

If I send this letter of appeal to PE, do I just mention that I deny any responsibility? Their letter states that if I cannot tell them who was driving I become responsible for paying the charge. Could you suggest a copy/paste letter that I can use, please?

Thank you for your help.

PS. I also noticed on the letter that on the top they state the issue date as 25/3/2015 and on the text below on the black box the issue is 22/3/2015. Does this invalidate the charge somehow?!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56818[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56819[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56822[/ATTACH]

Appeal.

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg no.xxx xxx I have received your parking charge notice no.xxxx xxxx.

I wish to make it clear that I am not liable for this charge.

Enclosed is a copy of (receipt/bank statement?) for the driver on the date in question.

Please cancel this charge forthwith, or alternatively issue a valid authorisation code for the indepent appeals service POPLA.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage....

David Potts hates PE. sadly though they're tied into a big contract with them. I just hope pe lose this court case. They won't be able to do ANYTHING then

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you very much! I believe that the one ending in morrisons-corporate dot com has worked because my message was not bounced with an error like the other addresses. Let's see what happens now... Hopefully I won't even have to deal with PE.

]

You will. Even if morrisons tell PE to stop, they likely wont. Keep going down the correct procedure with PE till morrisons tell you its dealt with.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You will. Even if morrisons tell PE to stop, they likely wont. Keep going down the correct procedure with PE till morrisons tell you its dealt with.

Thanks, I sure will. I'm going to send the appeal letter in the morning.

Update: morrisons email servers probably take the day off on weekends. I got bounce messages for all the emails addresses I tried. I used their website contact form and submitted to the customer services For the Attention of CEO. Let's see... I'm also submitting the appeal message as above, a copy of the charge and will use registered mail. Also included an extract of my bank statement with the other transactions blurred.

Okay ladies and gentleman, I sent a complaint through Morrisons' website for the attention of the CEO, his PA replied and asked me to wait a few days while she investigated. She replied back today and advised me that the matter is now resolved as she will request Parking Lie to cancel the invoice. I sent the registered letter of appeal to Parking Lie already, so I expect them to actually lose out as they have to pay to get a POPLA reference LOL... The PA advised me that if I'm going to take more than 2hrs in the store I should tell the customer service desk and they will make sure that I don't get a ticket. Maybe this is something to think about if you know you're going to go over the limit, although to be honest I don't believe anyone should have to pay a parking ticket when they are spending a hundred pounds in the store.

I won't post again unless I get any issues, so thanks to everyone who contributed here and helped me. Best wishes.

You dont need to tell the CS desk anything. They know and so do PE that they dont have a leg to stand on. You could park there all day if you wanted, and there is NOTHING they could do. Any markings, any time limits on private land, especially with free car parks has absolutely no standing.

PE only pay when you lodge your appeal with POPLA rather then when the number is generated so if they do reply to your letter with a rejection and a POPLA code you can always add the cancellation info as your appeal. Difficult to argue against. I also wonder about what their contract says if Morrisons can dictate that people are added to a whitelist by telling c/s in store.

An approach that shall be explored I think.

That is very interesting... From head office, confirmation that customer service instore have direct control of which cars get a NTK from PE?

My nearest Morrisons is ecp, so this may( or in time will be said to be) store specific.

Op-does the email state request PE cancel? Or instruct or similar?

( although the contract PE have with Morrisons probably states they can request the cancellation of a ticket and PE have too anyway!)

Hmm, this is interesting about not needing to tell CS. But to be honest, I would tell CS just to avoid all the hassle of dealing with Parking Lie.

armadilllo, basically the email says that the store has problems with people parking there to go to other businesses and that the store (they use "we" in the email) operates this "time restriction" and it is "notified in signs around the car park".

I'm copying some parts of the email verbatim here:

"we operate an implemented time restriction and this is notified on signs around the car park"

"As you have kindly explained the circumstances which have led to you receiving this charge, I am pleased to confirm that we have issued instructions for this Parking Charge Notice to be cancelled as a gesture of goodwill.

In future should you require more time to shop with us, please let our Customer Service staff know so they can make a note of this to avoid any further charges."

I don't know what that means to you guys but hoopefully it could help in formulating some argument in the future.

I appreciate all the help I got!

It means ignore their silly prattle.

If it was me, i would laugh at them, let PE issue a charge, i'd then appeal it so i can go to popla, and all that costs them a chunk of cash, and me the price of a stamp, with it being a guaranteed win for me.

"In future should you require more time to shop with us, please let our Customer Service staff know so they can make a note of this to avoid any further charges."

Is there any notification about this, either around the car park or in the store? Or are you supposed to have second sight and know about this secret clause?

Some people want to avoid them, i prefer to make them pay for something.

"In future should you require more time to shop with us, please let our Customer Service staff know so they can make a note of this to avoid any further charges."

Is there any notification about this, either around the car park or in the store? Or are you supposed to have second sight and know about this secret clause?

There is nothing like this around the car park.

renegadeimp Well, you see, I have fun doing other things LOL Not judging you at all, you do whatever floats your boat but I hate having to deal with problems when it's easier to avoid them in the first place. To me, sending a letter and spending time on appeals costs more than opening my mouth and uttering a few words to the CS rep on the front counter, especially when I don't spend over 2 hours at the store all the time, it was only on this occasion.