Jump to content


Problems with Palmer Biggs - ebay


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I need some help, I am in the same problem you were in and must reply soon (according to them).

 

How did you go about it all? How did you start to contact them? What did you say to them?

 

If you can help me I would be extremely gracious.

 

Regards,

B.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I Spoke to PB legal. They didn't seem to have much of a clue but I stated that I removed the listings although it was in my opinion no violation was being made.

 

I had managed to speak to someone at BMW who said that if I had received a letter regarding infringement of products, I should look at it with all seriousness and take legal advise. She also however, infromed me that it was highly unlikely that they would appoint such a small solicitor group (with little experience being that there is only two appointed solicitors, both of which have no more than 2-3 years experience a piece) knowing that they have their own internal legal dept and outsource of a legal firm that is suffice to say...an extremal big fish!

 

After two weeks of hearing nothing or any further calls. I received was a letter from PB Legal saying no further action was being taken as long as I dont list the items again.

 

As I was facing fierce competition on the products and making little or no profit (others prob listing counterfeit and afford to sell cheaper than me), I decided its just not worth the effort to relist and go though the hassle with PB again to prove my items are legit as it would mean legal involvement, independent review of the products to prove authenticity etc which is just more costs and would only serve to prove a point.

 

So I have now drawn a line under it all, paid nothing out to anyone and just moved on with new products and try and make the best of a late start for the xmas period.

 

 

 

Hello,

 

I need some help, I am in the same problem you were in and must reply soon (according to them).

 

How did you go about it all? How did you start to contact them? What did you say to them?

 

If you can help me I would be extremely gracious.

 

Regards,

B.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

We went through all the advice on this forum and found most of it very useful - thanks everyone!

 

Regarding Palmer-Biggs - BMW confirmed PB DO act on their behalf, although they didn't specify in what situations.

 

PB now have the required SRA reference on their letter (on the bottom).

 

Regarding contacting them etc - we only gave them the bare minimum of what they asked for in each letter

and we told them that we were taking advice before replying (which they had advised us to do so not sure why they were querying the delay at every verse end).

 

PB kept chasing even though we had no goods to send them and

 

 

in the end we did settle, although we didn't give them the names of suppliers etc as we suggested this would contravene Data Protection regulations.

 

 

Sent them a cheque saying if they cashed it we would assume that was the end of the matter.

 

 

It was several weeks before we got a letter saying they'd close the case but keep an eye on us - well that's easy because there's nothing to keep an eye ON!

 

It seems to be very hit and miss as to whether or not they pursue you;

some Caggers say they didn't pay up and PB said no further action would be taken.

 

 

We were on the unlucky side - they kept chasing and in the end we had had enough of the hassle and the worry.

 

 

My advice to you would be to look through all the PB references on CAG and choose the route you wish to take.

 

 

I wouldn't want to suggest you pay up or hold out - just read the comments and decide how much of a risk you're prepared to go with.

Edited by Skibeaky
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your response!

 

What was your first letter to them along the lines of?

 

Also what sum did they settle for in the end?

 

Regards,

B.

Our first letter was basically to say we were checking authenticity!

I can't go into specific details (don't think you'll find anyone in this situation who has) about settlement but they were asking for £1000 (seems pretty standard) AND profits.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our first letter was basically to say we were checking authenticity!

I can't go into specific details (don't think you'll find anyone in this situation who has) about settlement but they were asking for £1000 (seems pretty standard) AND profits.

 

 

Hi,

 

I understand that. Just wondering whether you signed any undertakings?

 

B

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our first letter was basically to say we were checking authenticity!

I can't go into specific details (don't think you'll find anyone in this situation who has) about settlement but they were asking for £1000 (seems pretty standard) AND profits.

 

 

Hi,

 

Also how did you word your offer letter?

 

I would be so grateful for your help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...

We too have had the dreaded letter demanding £1000 plus share of profits and asking us to sign a large document. We are not selling counterfeit clothing so we have contacted our solicitors who are now on the case. I will post updates for you over the next 2 weeks as my legal team deal with our case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have asked them now for Patch test results but they dont want to give them by all accounts as I haven't heard back from them in over a month. How can give results saying an item is fake when I have store receipts proving they are real.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Hi, we are in a similar situation at the minute where we have received a letter.

On the bottom of the letter it has the company registration number not the solicitors regulation authority number.

Both should be on the letters!

Has anyone actually reported them

To the SRA for the tactics they are using?

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...