Problems with Palmer Biggs - ebay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I need some help, I am in the same problem you were in and must reply soon (according to them).

How did you go about it all? How did you start to contact them? What did you say to them?

If you can help me I would be extremely gracious.

Regards,

B.

Hi,

We went through all the advice on this forum and found most of it very useful - thanks everyone!

Regarding Palmer-Biggs - BMW confirmed PB DO act on their behalf, although they didn't specify in what situations.

PB now have the required SRA reference on their letter (on the bottom).

Regarding contacting them etc - we only gave them the bare minimum of what they asked for in each letter

and we told them that we were taking advice before replying (which they had advised us to do so not sure why they were querying the delay at every verse end).

PB kept chasing even though we had no goods to send them and

in the end we did settle, although we didn't give them the names of suppliers etc as we suggested this would contravene Data Protection regulations.

Sent them a cheque saying if they cashed it we would assume that was the end of the matter.

It was several weeks before we got a letter saying they'd close the case but keep an eye on us - well that's easy because there's nothing to keep an eye ON!

It seems to be very hit and miss as to whether or not they pursue you;

some Caggers say they didn't pay up and PB said no further action would be taken.

We were on the unlucky side - they kept chasing and in the end we had had enough of the hassle and the worry.

My advice to you would be to look through all the PB references on CAG and choose the route you wish to take.

I wouldn't want to suggest you pay up or hold out - just read the comments and decide how much of a risk you're prepared to go with.

Edited by Skibeaky

• 10 months later...

We too have had the dreaded letter demanding £1000 plus share of profits and asking us to sign a large document. We are not selling counterfeit clothing so we have contacted our solicitors who are now on the case. I will post updates for you over the next 2 weeks as my legal team deal with our case.

We asked for an extension of 28 days to seek legal advice and they have granted us 14 days extra.

Will update again once we get a response from our reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have asked them now for Patch test results but they dont want to give them by all accounts as I haven't heard back from them in over a month. How can give results saying an item is fake when I have store receipts proving they are real.

• 3 months later...

Hi, we are in a similar situation at the minute where we have received a letter.

On the bottom of the letter it has the company registration number not the solicitors regulation authority number.

Both should be on the letters!

Has anyone actually reported them

To the SRA for the tactics they are using?

• 1 year later...